Moving pictures or TV series like interface (1 Viewer)

Tuxon86

June 8, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedP
Windows Version: Vista 32

Anybody know if there is a replacement plugin for the music section? Something like Moving Pictures or TV series but for the music section.

I'm asking this because the presentation of the music section is kindda bleh compared to the video part. Especially the ugly sound console background picture and generic blue folders for the music.

Is there any easy way to change those.

EDIT: Nevermind I've found how to achieve something similar.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
it would be nice if you could write down what you did so other people can see it too should they have a similar question.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    using Moving Pictures myself, but i can't see how that kind of interface would help in Music.
    In Music we're talking of multiples of 10k files, whereas, in Movies you maybe have 100 or 200.

and if you look at the community, you'll find maybe half of the ppl don't care about correctly tagging their files, whereas others are very accurate.

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    A more graphical (pretty) way of grouping my 1300 albums would be nice. Media Player does it quite nicely by fanning the albums when viewed by artist and I can quickly scroll down the view. I have not spent much time trying to optimize this part of MP but I am sure there is much I can do to improve the "out of the box" views.

Is it possible to copy a playlist from Itunes and put it into MP (same source locations for the music)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    at the end of the day it is a skinning issue. you're more than welcome to submit new ideas.

itunes stores it's playlist in it's library and afaik, there's no way to export it in a format which MP can process. they only export in text and xml.
    maybe you'll find a tool, which can export in m3u format.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedP
    Windows Version: Vista 32

Anybody know if there is a replacement plugin for the music section? Something like Moving Pictures or TV series but for the music section.

I'm asking this because the presentation of the music section is kindda bleh compared to the video part. Especially the ugly sound console background picture and generic blue folders for the music.

Is there any easy way to change those.

EDIT: Nevermind I've found how to achieve something similar.

Im really curious how and what you did to make it better??
    Please let us know... i do also think the music section is very booring and ugly to navigate through. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom