Moving to a NAS, database editing? (1 Viewer)

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi, I am moving my media from network shares to a NAS, exactly the same file format except that the path changes from //MYPC/Movies/ to //DISKSTATION/Movies/ etc. I don't want to import my movies and TV series again and lose all the other stored info such as the watched/unwatched etc status. So far my research has found "use SQLite Browser to edit the databases". It is easy enough to edit the import paths to the new paths, but then I see in the "local path" the old network shares path for the thousands of media files, these would need changing to I guess. I don't see any find and replace in SQLite.

How do you do you change the local paths and not lose the rest of the information stored in the database?

Thanks in advance.

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I think I have done it. Copied the database files to work on them, also archived a copy. I used RazorSQL (it has a 30 day trial) and connected to each of the databases in turn. Right click on the table to edit, if you have more than 2500 rows, increase the max rows at the top, click find and replace, set the find and replace strings and click replace all. Wait a long time for the replacements to occur. Once done close the find/replace dialog box and then click SQL tab and then click execute SQL. Wait a long time again. It is now done for this database. Check with SQLiteBrowser that it looks OK still. Repeated for all the databases that needed editing, then copied, with replace, them back into the team media portal database folder. Disconnected my network PC. The NAS is connected of course. Started up MP and it all looks OK... time will tell.

Went surprising well even though I didn't know what I was doing most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom