MovingPictures Import Export GUI (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you make your xmls in an XBMC or WDTV compatible format then you could offer your plugin as an always running service, and people who use XBMC extenders or WDTV extenders could use your plugin to generate the metadata for these extenders based on MovPic. However to be truelly useful the service would also have to do the same for tv series. If I still had my WDTV I would make such a service myself, but I sold it after I repaired my HTPC :)

There is some demand for such a feature.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plug-in-idea-wdtv-metadata-creator.107130/

Last edited:

Zvex

Portal Member
    February 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    After I open database and press 'List movies' I got this error.

Attachments

• MP IE GUI.png
      MP IE GUI.png
      22.1 KB

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    DOH! It looks like I missed adding the C3.Common.Resources.dll assembly to the msi installer. This assembly contains embedded resources for application error messages in the english language. I added it to the msi installer, and updated the version to 1.0.4.0. Please download and install the updated version, which should resolve the message not found issue.

However, there will probably still be a problem as the application is trying to throw an exception for some reason.

Let's take it one step at a time though.

Zvex

Portal Member
    February 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, now I'm getting this error:

Attachments

• MP IE GUI2.png
      MP IE GUI2.png
      30.8 KB

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Sounds like a movie metadata problem. I tested this with a movie db of over 750+ movies, but obviously didn't account for something. If you can PM me your "MovingPictures.db3" file I can step thru the code and see where it's abending at. I also have a Dropbox account if the file is too large to PM.

Please let me know, and thanks for your patience.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Hi ZVex - thanks for sending the MOVPIC DB. I was able to find the problem and account for it. I updated the MSI installer to v1.0.5.0 - please download and reinstall.

The problem was caused by invalid relationship data in the MOVPIC database, specifically the "source_movie_info" table. This table contains relationship between the source script(s) that process a movie, as well as the movie information table. It looks like something (MOVPIC Config? Importer?) did not clean those relationships up when movie information is deleted. ie there were still relationship references in the source table to non-edxistent id's in the movie_info table.

I changed my SQL syntax from a "LEFT JOIN" to use an "INNER JOIN" for this table, which fixed the problem.

Please let me know if it works or not.

Darweis

Portal Member
    November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello lucas,
    gratulation to your tool.
    I found it some month ago and I love it.

In between I'm in the situation that I need to import all my movies into a blank database.

Usage is clear but after the import (from different devices) there are a lot of moview missing.
    For details please check the log file.

Darweis

Portal Member
    November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello lucas,
    gratulation to your tool.
    I found it some month ago and I love it.

In between I'm in the situation that I need to import all my movies into a blank database.

Usage is clear but after the import (from different devices) there are a lot of moview missing.
    For details please check the log file.

Sorry, but I forgot some basic informations in my post yesterday.

I'm using MP 1.6
    Moving Pictures 1.6.2.15
    MovingPicturesImportExportGui 1.7.0

thx
    Darweis

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Hi Darweis - it looks like the program did not read the resource file correctly. I'm guessing it is looking for a German translation of the resource file, and I only have an English translation currently.

I will need you to turn on diagnostic tracing in the application to determine what is wrong. Please add the following settings to the "C3.MediaPortal.MovingPicturesXml.GUI.exe.config" file, and retry importing your movies. This will create a trace file named "C:\MovingPicturesXml.GUI". Send me the trace file (via PM) and I will take a look at it.

Code:
    <configuration>
      <appSettings>
        <!-- C-Cubed Trace Settings. -->
        <add key="C3Trace.Enabled"            value="True" />
        <add key="C3Trace.AppName"            value="MovingPicturesXml.GUI" />
        <add key="C3Trace.Level"              value="Verbose" />
        <add key="C3Trace.DefaultLevel"       value="Verbose" />
        <add key="C3Trace.Connections"        value="file(filename=&quot;C:\%appname%.sil&quot;, rotate=daily, maxparts=14, append=true)" />
      </appSettings>
    </configuration>

Thanks - Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom