MP 1.10.0 stopped working when TV and AVR turned on (1 Viewer)

perky

Portal Pro
January 23, 2014
Home Country
England England
Hi All,
I noticed a couple of times that MP 1.10.0 stopped working when I turned on the TV and AVR the next morning, so I enabled debug mode and the watchdog. It happened again this morning.

Conditions: The previous night MP had been left on while viewing a live channel. The TV and AVR were turned off. In the morning the TV and AVR were turned on, and MP then almost immediately stopped working (despite the watchdog being on, Windows was waiting for an acknowledgement to the stopped working dialog box so the watchdog only kicked in when this was acknowledged).

MP 1.10.0 Final
Processor: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon HD 8570D
Memory:4GB RAM, 128GB SSD
TV Card: TBS 6285 PCI-E DVBT/T2 quad tuner

Logs attached.[DOUBLEPOST=1420030478][/DOUBLEPOST]PS just had a scan through the logs, it appears (to me at least!) to be a .NET runtime error (last 3 lines of Application_eventlog.csv).

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

c0000005 is an access violation error. In short, MP tried to access an expired/invalid resource.

This is probably something to do with HDMI handshaking and notification about the removal and arrival of the TV and/or AVR.

Regards,
    mm

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    OK, thanks. Would this be fixed you think with the pin19 hack (i.e. disabling the hotplug detect in the cable)?

Also every now and then my AVR goes into standby all by itself. Can MP turn off the AVR via CEC? When this happens MP crashes and is left in a state with just the plane background and a single smaller frozen frame in the middle. I've attached the logs for that, which appear to show a 'TVHome:turn tv off' in MediaPortal.log

Thanks for your help!
    Mark.

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    Edit: I think I've found the culprit to the unexpected shutdown, my AVR has a standby timer and it is enabled by default to 8 hours. I rarely have to change my AVR setup so could have kicked in (it's a Yamaha RX-V375). The manual says it should produce a countdown warning but only on the small embedded display, not on the OSD (!) so I may have missed it. I've disabled it and now wait to see if it happens again.

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    MediaPortal shut down again this morning under same conditions, seems like same .NET error. Logs attached.

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    OK, thanks for this. I've replaced the MediaPortal.exe and TvPlugin.dll as per the V29 bins, I'll let you know if it fixes it.
    Mark.

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    This is looking promising. I set it up last night watching live TV, turned off the AVR and TV, and this morning turned them back on again and MP was still alive. I'll try again tonight.

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    Just noticed you've got a V30 set of bins, makes sense for me to test those tonight if they are likely to be in 1.11.pre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom