1.29.0 Mp 1.32 Final x64 Fresh Install Fails (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have similar issues installing 1.32 x64 on a fresh system running Windows 10 Ent 22H2 x64 on HP EliteDesk 800G4 hardware. 1.31 (x86) works on the same hardware just fine.
    It is a mess but here is what worked for me:-
    If 1.31x86 is already installed you should be able to run the 1.32 x64 installer successfully as the correct x64 bit version of MySQL will already be installed, if 1.31 is not installed install 1.32x86 which will also install the correct MySQL version and then run the 1.32x64 install.

In either of the above circumstances when the x64 install is run select the "Fresh Install" option as the upgrade fails to install the x64 TV Plugin, this should complete without error. After completing the install if the TV channel scan fails to find anything apply the fix shown in this thread.
    Hope that helps

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I appreciate the persistence given to this issue. I'm time limited and I have a working 1.32 X86 final installation ATM. When these fixes are rolled to the newest final release, I'll give that a try.

I better go to a "MediaPortal Anonymous" meeting since I've become dependent on working versions and cannot live without it! :eek:
    :ROFLMAO:

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It is a mess but here is what worked for me:-
    If 1.31x86 is already installed you should be able to run the 1.32 x64 installer successfully as the correct x64 bit version of MySQL will already be installed, if 1.31 is not installed install 1.32x86 which will also install the correct MySQL version and then run the 1.32x64 install.

In either of the above circumstances when the x64 install is run select the "Fresh Install" option as the upgrade fails to install the x64 TV Plugin, this should complete without error. After completing the install if the TV channel scan fails to find anything apply the fix shown in this thread.
    Hope that helps
    Hello Mr joecrow,

I appreciate your help. I was able to get an x64 install completed and after applying the fix I could scan and find DVB-T channels. They "Preview" fine from the TV server > Channels view but gave an MPEG2 codec error when trying to watch TV in the client. I couldn't see any obvious faults. LAV filters was installed and set as the default playback codec. I tested another network device with x64 client only and TV playback from the TV server worked fine. I must have screwed someting up in the client portion of the install. Can't see how I managed that.

In the end I gave up on the 1.32 x64 edition for this single seat setup and clean installed 1.32 x86. Everything worked perfectly.

I realise that not including logs does not help either of us. My bad. I've got another setup that I want to do a hardware upgarde on.. I'll keep notes and include debug logs next time.

Cheers,
    Andre

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was able to get an x64 install completed and after applying the fix I could scan and find DVB-T channels. They "Preview" fine from the TV server > Channels view but gave an MPEG2 codec error when trying to watch TV in the client. I couldn't see any obvious faults.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom