MP 1.4 Not starting up. D3D: Could not create device error. Since last Windows update. (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I have this D3D problem too since installing MePo 1.6.
    It seems to happen mostly when restarting windows and not by just restarting MePo.
    I'm using the fulllscreen splashscreen and MePo is started from the registry HKCU\...\. .\Run\
    Do I just use the latest version and how do I have to install these files?

TIA

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Could you make this patch for MePo 1.5?? In my opinion 1.5 was more stable. Your patch repared my problem with 2 screen resolution switching. But I want use 1.5 MePo. On 1.6 I have a shuttering on TV Recordings. In 1.5 working fine. Please do this for 1.5...Thank you Sebastiii....

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Could you make this patch for MePo 1.5?? In my opinion 1.5 was more stable. Your patch repared my problem with 2 screen resolution switching. But I want use 1.5 MePo. On 1.6 I have a shuttering on TV Recordings. In 1.5 working fine. Please do this for 1.5...Thank you Sebastiii....

Dude if you have problems with MP 1.6.0 make a proper bug report

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I make a bug raport about D3D problem with screen resolution problem to Scathia and no reply. I found this topic and solve this problem.
    I make a bug raport about Wifi plugin problem - no answare....

Why make a bug raport with still no reply or with no help. Why install new MePo version if old working stable. In my case 1.5 workingmuch stable but I have a problem with D3D when resolution changing - 2 monitors. In 1.6 no problem with resolution (with this patch) but I have problem with Recording shuttering, long MePo loading (startup), problem with skin - someone (programist) change a skin ID in recordings (in recording loading wrong xml - VideoOSD.xml, in last MePo version was correct - TVOSD.xml).

If someone is a good guy, please add a version based on 1.5 Big thanks.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @MacGyverek , your WifiRemote issue report was before a 1.6 compatible version was released. Do you still have a problem with WifiRemote when using a compatible version?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Sorry, but there is so much change between version, that i don't want to work on older MP version.
    I was the first to supply workaround bin when i was abale to try myself before having official plugins update :)
    If it's wifiremote that hold from 1.6, the newest version is ready :) like just said johanj :p

Best is to again supply bug report + log (even ping me) and we could try to fix for next version and it will benefit for all MP community :)

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    After upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6, the same problem happened to me. The fix proposed works like charm, thanks a lot.
    I suppose it would be included in the 1.7.
    What is strange is that I didn't had the problem during the previous upgrade (1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 -> 1.6) but this time I did a "clean install", maybe that's why the problem happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom