MP 1.6 and Titan - Remove Unwanted Buttons on BasicHome??? (1 Viewer)

empezza

Portal Member
March 21, 2009
Jervis Bay, NSW
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have upgraded to MP 1.6 from 1.2 in the last few days. I am using Titan Extended skin as supplied with MP1.6.
The BasicHome screen is set up with 6 buttons. As I only want to have 4 buttons i used the TitanEditor to remove the 2 unwanted buttons. But it now has 2 blank buttons in the BasicHome screen. They do not appear in basichome.xml.

How can I remove the blank buttons, and move the remaining 4 buttons around into 2 rows of 2 buttons, evenly spaced?
The screen locations is basichome.xml to not relate to the actual location of buttons.

Also, the POWER icon at the bottom centre on the screen does not react to a mouse. Why is that?
I use only a mouse to control MP.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Titan extended basic home has 5 buttons (5x1) (unless it's changed recently) .
    Titan standard basic home has 6 buttons. (3x2)

To change from 6 to 4 buttons would be very complicated and would require a lot of xml editing. There are a lot of co-ordinates for each button for all the different overlays, it would probably be easier just to rewrite the xml from scratch and get rid of the menu editor option.

If you only have 4 items, I would recommend to use titan extended then try and think of a 5th item, eg. Weather.

empezza

Portal Member
    March 21, 2009
    Jervis Bay, NSW
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I tried the Titan Extended 2 which has 5 items but they are on a scrolling list, so cannot be selected by a mouse click on any particular button.
    Guess I will just have to add 2 items that I don't really want. The screen looks poor with 2 blank buttons!

"To change from 6 to 4 buttons would be very complicated and would require a lot of xml editing"
    Do you know which file/s would need to be edited?

Thanks for you help!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    basichome.xml but search for "include" and that will give you the other xmls that you have to edit as well. it will be very complicated and time consuming. I would recommend just creating a brand new basichome.xml from scratch, that would be faster then just copy paste bits from the original and alter them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom