MP 1.8, MyFilms 6.1, aMPed 3.6.2: movies preview thumbs not always shown (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi, this is the latest grabber log:

2014-07-27 09:51:36,521 Debug [ 57 | ThumbCreator ]: VideoThumbCreator: No thumb in share C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club}\{dallas.buyers.club} [single].jpg - trying to create one with arguments: -D 6 -B 5 -E 5 -c 4 -r 4 -b 0,60 -t -i -I -w 0 -n -O "C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Thumbs/MyFilms/MovieThumbs/{dallas.buyers.club}" -P "H:/Estados Unidos/Dallas Buyers Club/Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013].mkv"
    2014-07-27 09:51:36,871 Debug [ 57 | ThumbCreator ]: First try successful !
    2014-07-27 09:51:37,121 Debug [ 57 | ThumbCreator ]: VideoThumbCreator: mtn.exe did not extract a thumbnail to: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club}\Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013]_s.jpg

Please note the bold lines. For this movie I do not get thumbnails. I also tried the command line, to no avail.
    Did you check the 'Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013]_s.jpg' - is it a zero byte file? What is the output on the command line? Does the command line work, if you delete the content of the output directory first (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club})?

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi,
    'Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013]_s.jpg' does not exist: the directory C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club} is empty. Actually I don't get any output in the command line, but I'm probably doing something wrong. I open mtn.exe and past the arguments in the program window, then I hit Enter and the program window just closes. I tried to invoke mtn.exe from the command line, but I get a message stating that mtn.exe is not a recognized as an executable program. As I said before, I'm not a computer expert, so please be patient :)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,
    'Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013]_s.jpg' does not exist: the directory C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club} is empty. Actually I don't get any output in the command line, but I'm probably doing something wrong. I open mtn.exe and past the arguments in the program window, then I hit Enter and the program window just closes. I tried to invoke mtn.exe from the command line, but I get a message stating that mtn.exe is not a recognized as an executable program. As I said before, I'm not a computer expert, so please be patient :)
    best is do start a cmd window - enter cmd.exe in windows start menu, whcih should open a comand prompt.
    Then change to the directorys, where you have located your mtn.exe with
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer
    there type mtn (enter) - this will show you the mtn options - if it does, you're ready to go.
    Then try there mtn with the command line options from log - this will show you output from mtn in the command line window.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    I followed your steps. When I hit Enter after pasting the command line options from log, the output in the command line window is (again) 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer'. The directory 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club}' is still empty.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I followed your steps. When I hit Enter after pasting the command line options from log, the output in the command line window is (again) 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer'. The directory 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MyFilms\MovieThumbs\{dallas.buyers.club}' is still empty.
    Can you please post the exact command line you used, I will use it here with another media file to see, if it might be related to characters and/or length.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi, this is the command line I tried: -D 6 -B 5 -E 5 -c 4 -r 4 -b 0,60 -t -i -I -w 0 -n -O "C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Thumbs/MyFilms/MovieThumbs/{dallas.buyers.club}" -P "H:/Estados Unidos/Dallas Buyers Club/Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013].mkv"

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi, this is the command line I tried: -D 6 -B 5 -E 5 -c 4 -r 4 -b 0,60 -t -i -I -w 0 -n -O "C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Thumbs/MyFilms/MovieThumbs/{dallas.buyers.club}" -P "H:/Estados Unidos/Dallas Buyers Club/Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vallée, 2013].mkv"
    Thanks, will test that with a fake file and see what it does here.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks, will test that with a fake file and see what it does here.
    Ok, I did a test with a fake file (used X instead of H drive though).
    I get "no output", if the movie path does not exist.
    I DO get output, if all is there:
    Code:
    File: X:/Estados Unidos/Dallas Buyers Club/Dallas Buyers Club [Jean-Marc Vall├®e, 2013].mkv
    Size: 221426 bytes (216,24 KiB), duration: 00:00:03, avg.bitrate: 590 kb/s
    Audio: wmav2, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 192 kb/s (eng)
    Video: wmv3, yuv420p, 320x240, 1500 kb/s, 30,00 fps(r) (eng)
    However, as this was a very short sample file I took and renamed from samplemovies, it cannot proceed further to create thumbs (too short - only 3 seconds) - but that is different to what you got, as you said you got no output and only an empty line - I get this only, if the media file / path is not available/existing.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    This is really strange. Of course the path is available and I can play the movie. I would say, if nobody else is experiencing the same issue, we could close the thread. Something happens with my configuration and I don't want to make you spend your time on a "private" issue.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    We need to decide, if we can keep the updated mtn.exe and ffmped libs - as @Dadeo experienced problems with them ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom