MP 1.8, MyFilms 6.1, aMPed 3.6.2: MyFilms not updating data from movie catalog on resume (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Unfortunately, the issue is back after the recent aMPed update :(

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Given the workaround you used had nothing to do with the skin, I can't figure out why aMPed update would affect it? Is it possible you updated MP as well?
    Would need to go through everything in this thread again to even start to figure out what's happening.
    Most of all you need to give more detail about what happens when you use your previous workaround.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Dadeo, I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding. Here is a short resume of the workaround you mentioned:
    "I created an AMCU configuration in which just the field "MediaLabel" is scanned and updated. Then, after adding a new movie to my custom view for unwatched movies, or after removing a movie from that view, the next time a wake up my HTPC I perform a global DB update from within MP. And that does it: new movies appear in the custom view".
    This workaround still works. What does not work after updating aMPed to the latest version is reloading the database on PC resume. Dadeo had this issue fixed and everything has been working fine until I updated aMPEd. At present the only way to reload the database (and so update views) is by using the workaround.
    I'll post the logs in the next few days. Maybe you guys want to take a look at them.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ... maybe an update of MediPoartal? There is some changes being done regarding the standby wakeup issues - and MyFilms listens to those events to trigger the update. However, noone knows ... maybe logs tell us more.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    The issue seems to have disappeared. Don't ask me how. I guess there was no issue at all, meaning that the database was not realoaded on resume because the connectivity was lost (an old and unsolved problem with the hibernate function on Win7 which has nothing to do with MP or MF). Sorry guys, and thank you anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom