MP 1.9/1.10 won't respond after sleep (1 Viewer)

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
February 27, 2011
I have tried to install that MP 1.11.0 PreRelease, but it just hangs on installation, see attached image. After 10 mins it is still stuck and if I kill the MPinstall process, I am left with 3 DeployTool processes that I can only end 1 of them. I have to reboot the PC to stop the other 2 DeployTool processes.

I had installed MP 1.10, but it wasn't running, neither was TVService when I attempted to install this PreRelease.

Any suggestions.

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
February 27, 2011

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have reply there and i don't understand why this installer didn't install, it seems you have something that hold replacing files etc.
    You can always try to extract separate NSIS installer (read here mp.exe and tv.exe) and do the install from there. (it works for all MP version).
    You can find the separate installer in your temp folder in deploy folder.
    1- start the full installer and close it
    2- Go to your temp folder -> start %temp%
    3- Find mediaportal folder and deploy folder and you can try to installer from there.

For ex, for me it's in :
    \MediaPortal Installation\deploy and separate installer are :
    package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe.

btw, you can cleanup this temp folder sometimes, it grow up quick fast and sometimes it can be the cause to something failed to install etc.
    You can also disable your anti-virus because it can hold on something too lol.

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom