MP Crashes every time I turn TV off - than back on (windows program error) (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The latest one is obvious in the logs:

....the MusicShareWatcher plugin had 'FileNotFoundException: Error reading the \\solonas\DEC2010\Solo_iTunes_LIB\iTunes Music directory.'

Ah true. that makes sense, I restarted my NAS.

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, I am reliably able to recreate this bug.
    My set up:
    Mac Mini 2010 (Nvidia 320M) >> Onkyo receiver >> Samsung TV.
    I have just upgraded from 1.3 pre-release to 1.5 and this problem has started occurring.

Steps to reproduce:
    Play movie with digital soundtrack.
    Turn off TV, but leave receiver on. (Audio continues to play).
    Turn On TV. In the background, before the TV is fully on you hear the audio stop, then the windows double-beep/chime indicating new hardware has been plugged in, then when the screen is on: It has crashed.

OR

Play media with analog soundtrack (e.g. regular TV).
    Turn TV on. The audio now stops and when the tv powers on you have been put back into the guide.
    Press any navigation button on the remote (no navigation sound plays): Crash.

Both of these occur with the "Stop playback on removal of audio renderer" is checked.

If I un-check this then:

Play movie with digital soundtrack.
    Turn On TV. In the background, before the TV is fully on you hear the audio stop, then the windows double-beep/chime indicating new hardware has been plugged in, then when the screen is on, the movie image is there but it slowly plays a few frames at a time on repeat for about 5 seconds.
    Then the movie continues with no sound. (stopping and starting the movie re-enables the audio.
    No crash.

OR

Play media with analog soundtrack (e.g. regular TV).
    Turn TV on.
    windows double-beep/chime indicating new hardware has been plugged in.
    Audio briefly switches over the the mac min internal speaker (<1 second)
    Then by the time the image has appeared on the TV the audio has transferred back to the app.
    No crash.

It seems to be the new "Stop playback on removal of audio renderer" option that is causing the crash (I never had this in 1.3). In the case of the analog audio I would guess that it is the navigation sound that is triggering the crash.

Hope that helps!
    Kevin

Cyri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Same issue occurring here with the following set up Nvidia Geforce 210 (HDMI audio) >> Onkyo receiver >> Samsung TV. It seems there are numerous logs already provided at this point but do you still need logs? Is the workaround to turn off the "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer"? I'm still testing with that option turned off to see if it helps. So far so good.

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, are there any updates on this? I see 1.6.0 pre-release is out and I can't see anything in there about this problem. Is there a bug to go with this posting?
    Thanks, Kevin

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did you try enabling/disabling "Stop playback on removal of audio renderer"?

PS: this thread is a bit stale. AFAIK nobody is working on this, so probably no point in saying "me too".

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "Stop playback on removal of audio renderer" option is enabled. Should I disable it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom