MP Crashes every time I turn TV off - than back on (windows program error) (2 Viewers)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
The option "Stop playback on removal of an audio render" makes no difference for me.

@Sebastiii Does it makes sense trying your V16, also?

Pucco

Portal Member
May 6, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I wonder if this has to do with the hot plug signal in the hdmi connector. I had similar problems with audio drivers that was disabled after turning my TV off and then on. I solved my problem after almost a years struggeling with the problem by blocking the hot plug signal in the hdmi connector so Windows don't discover that the TV is removed. Microsoft states that this is by design an can not be disabled. The reason is that if a monitor is removed the desktop must be moved to an other active monitor. The problem is if the TV is the only monitor.
I found the explanation and the solution in this forum http://experts.windows.com/frms/win...nnected_home/f/115/p/80853/401754.aspx#401754
And here http://social.technet.microsoft.com...onitor-off-detection-how?forum=w7itprogeneral

Edit: Added one link

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is some change about D3D and also on stop playback is audio device is removed :)
    So see if there is any diff :)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't have this problem, can turn TV off no issues whatsoever. HDMI with sound to TV, Then sound from TV to Receiver. Graphics onboard.[DOUBLEPOST=1391424133][/DOUBLEPOST]OH hold on, Sometimes after watching a video in OnlineVideos or TV-series and it finishes and the mp blanking screen kicks in, The whole PC is frozen. Is this the same issue?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Sebastiii I haven't noticed this issue lately but then my kids would know as they are first on the tv in the mornings, hasn't happen to me during the night as far I can remember, I noticed in the logs last thing entered was the time out timer for blanking the screen. Using 1.7pre now so maybe it was somehow fixed.

Kevin Herring

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It still does it for me about once a day, but not consistently (but always shortly after the tv has been switched on). I am on 1.6. I notice that there is a related fix in 1.7: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4336 but I am not sure whether this will help.
    I have read the thread that Pucco mentions in #64 with great interest. Not sure if it is related to our problem, but those guys have been working on it for 4 years! They are trying to stop the monitor 'removal' being detected - I wonder if we can stop the audio renderer (i.e. the TV) 'removal' being detected.
    I have completely reinstalled W7 with no change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom