MP indicating it is recording, but it really isn't (1 Viewer)

sieve

Portal Member
February 20, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A couple days ago, I noticed that TV recordings that should have been in the recorded list were not there. I tried doing some quick and scheduled recordings, the red icon would appear, the button to stop recording would appear. All as it should be. However, a click on the active recordings button would state "no active recordings". They would not show up in the recorded list either. Nor would they appear as files on the HD.

I was on 1.10. I thought upgrading to 1.11 would help. Same issue.

Log files attached. Of note are the many ones that say error.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• SetupTv.zip
    114.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I'll get straight to the point.
    Here's the key error message in the TsWriter log:
    [2015-06-13 16:14:35,282] [6efe350] [e7c] - Recorder:unable to create file:'H:\Recorded TV\PGA Tour Golf - WISC-DT - 2015-06-13.ts' 3

The last number on that line is a Windows error code:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc231199.aspx

3 means "ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND".

Have you removed the H: drive, or the "Recorded TV" folder on the H: drive?

sieve

Portal Member
    February 20, 2015
    Home Country
    I just came across the same thing.
    Here's the situation...
    I had been recording to an external Western Digital drive. It's drive letter was H.
    That drive filled up, so I added a second external drive. It's drive letter was I.
    In TV server configuration, I changed the recording folder path to I:\Recorded TV.
    Everything seemed to work fine, except that programs recorded on the H drive wouldn't play unless I changed TV Server Configuration back to H.
    Recently, I picked up an external HD with larger capacity. It was mapped as drive J. I changed the settings in TV server configuration to record to J. I disconnected H and I. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall. Yet even though the settings in TV Server Configuration say drive J, MP seems to be wanting to record to the legacy drive H.

What I would like to do is have the settings and actual recording be on J. I'd also like to transfer the recorded programs from H to J and have them be playable in MP.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yet even though the settings in TV Server Configuration say drive J, MP seems to be wanting to record to the legacy drive H.
    Each tuner can have its own recording folder... so are you sure you've applied the setting for all tuners.

I'd also like to transfer the recorded programs from H to J and have them be playable in MP.
    This should be easy as long as you still have the XML metadata files that TV Server creates with recordings.
    Copy all the TS and XML files across from H to J, then use this section of TV Server configuration to import them:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/07_Recording#Database_import

sieve

Portal Member
    February 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Yet even though the settings in TV Server Configuration say drive J, MP seems to be wanting to record to the legacy drive H.
    Each tuner can have its own recording folder... so are you sure you've applied the setting for all tuners.

That was it. Thanks!

I'd also like to transfer the recorded programs from H to J and have them be playable in MP.
    This should be easy as long as you still have the XML metadata files that TV Server creates with recordings.
    Copy all the TS and XML files across from H to J, then use this section of TV Server configuration to import them:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/07_Recording#Database_import

Yes, that worked. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom