Dynamic Refresh Rate crashing Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

eclathtpc

Portal Member
December 8, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

Your application event log shows the following message in 30 seconds intervals - and you got ten thoussands of it...
Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2116-06-03T13:40:52Z. Error Code: 0x80070005.

Try to correct this by doing the following:
  • Open an administrative command window (CMD) and type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Reboot
  • Open an administrative command window and type: sfc /scannow
This will hopefuly correct the Software Protection problem in your log.

Regarding MP, your VideoDatabaseV5.db3 is corrupt. If you aren't using MyVideos, you may just delete the file and a new (empty one) will be created when you restart MP. Otherwise you will need to repair the database as described in the Wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database

I don't use MyVideos, but I deleted it and a new entry was made. What exactly does that "RestoreHealth" Command do? I ran it but received the following result.....

ERROR: 0x800f081f
The source files could not be found

----- UPDATE ------

Wowza MediaPortal is as fast as lighting without Dynamic Refresh Rate changing! The major issue hasn't happened again yet, but typically it's intermittent and unpredictable so i'll let you know in a couple days. Yet since turning of the Dynamic RRC I'm receiving a new warning, after jumping from file to file in mediaportal to try to inflict the major error i'll get the following warning....

UNABLE TO PLAY FILE ........"name"
VIDEO CODEC: AVC
AUDIO CODEC: DTS

I've never had codec issues via LAV with AVC or DTS. Restarting MediaPortal allows the same file that had this warning to play without issue. Weird.....

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What exactly does that "RestoreHealth" Command do? I ran it but received the following result.....

ERROR: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found
    This is relating to the Windows Update functionality and repairs corrupt files.

Try the following steps in order:
    1. Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    2. sfc /scannow
    3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    4. sfc /scannow

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Those DISM commands didn't work, kept trowing errors back at me. It doesn't matter, It's not causing any issues that I can see. Thanks though!

More importantly, the Windows Interface error has seemingly been resolved! It was the dynamic refresh rate changer! Relief! Thanks for the assist.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi there! Opening the issue again, so yes turning off the Dynamic refresh rate changer fixed the issue but now I obviously can't use the dynamic refresh rate changer; which absolutely sucks because it's the only way to get smooth playback for any file that isn't 60fps. I've clearly found an issue here, how can this be resolved so that I can use the DRRC without it crashing my windows desktop?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have many WIN10 and i can't reproduce your issue, that doesn't mean that there none but need to be able to reproduce to be able to fix it !
    Can you post fresh log to compare with old one ? (use watchdog first option).

After that you can use a tool for DRRC and configure command on MP config, i remember trying DC (something like that) long time ago, i can try to find the command line, i think i have create some batch files for it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @eclathtpc :)
    I have found my old setting, so you can try for testing.
    In action, if i'm not wrong, i have link to each batch from the different version 23.bat for 23.976 and so on.

upload_2016-7-25_19-34-35.png

Attachments

• DC_DRR.zip
      232.3 KB

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I ran the bug reporting debug function, after running a couple files it did it's thing and crashed the desktop. The video audio was still running in the background, chrome windows were accessible via ALT TAB and the desktop background was visible but the taskbar and icons had disappeared and the mediaportal had also seemingly vanished from view. Only way to get it back to normal is to restart or log out and back in to windows.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also I don't know what to do with all of that other stuff you sent me, batch files and etc.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why are you using the VMR9?
    [2016-07-26 19:58:58,800] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VMR9: added Video Mixing Renderer 9 to graph

You're running Windows 10, so you should be using the enhanced video renderer (EVR) unless you have very good reason not to be.

If you have no reason to be running VMR9, please fix that in MP Config -> Codecs and Renderer section -> Video Renderer tab as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/3_Video_Renderer

...then try to reproduce the problem again. If the problem still occurs, please provide fresh log files.

[edit: P.S. I gave you the exact same advice ~7 months ago!]

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I ran the bug reporting debug function, after running a couple files it did it's thing and crashed the desktop. The video audio was still running in the background, chrome windows were accessible via ALT TAB and the desktop background was visible but the taskbar and icons had disappeared and the mediaportal had also seemingly vanished from view. Only way to get it back to normal is to restart or log out and back in to windows.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also I don't know what to do with all of that other stuff you sent me, batch files and etc.

The batch to use it to do the refresh rate changer instead of internal MP DRR.
    But please do like explain mm, WIN 10 should use EVR :)

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    [edit: P.S. I gave you the exact same advice ~7 months ago!]

That wasn't even the same issue 7 months ago, I hadn't even migrated to Windows 10 at that time. The issue then was that in Windows 7 using those reportedly problematic Nvidia drivers CUVID hardware acceleration was causing mediaportal to keep resetting the resolution. And even then switching from VMR9 to EVR did nothing to solve that problem either. I just switched to EVR, same problem (Not the same as 7 months ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom