MP on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I have it set up in production without issues.
    So far the only thing I noticed is that MS DTV codecs are used instead of LAV filters that I set up in settings. Image quality is however acceptable / subjectively better than in W7. Took me a while to even notice this.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I upgraded to win 10 on my set-up today ... 5 different machines ... my TV Server unit seems to be working okay. My living room client is having problems with audio/video sinc from LiveTV and Recordings, although it varies from channel to channel, but they are all out of sinc. Non .TS Movies and TV Series have no problems. Testing on another client, TV has no problems.

The living room client is an ASRock H97M-ITX/ac LGA 1150 Intel H97 miniITX, with an i3-4150 ... didn't seem to have any problems when it was running win 7.

any ideas?

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    At the risk of muddying the waters...

Win10 doesn't have .NET 3.51 installed natively* (I know you can have several .NETs) so is MP1 going to be moved to .NET4?

*Just tried to install and it complained and then quit, nicely, but quit.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Win10 doesn't have .NET 3.51 installed natively*
    Neither has 8.1. You need to activate .Net 3.5 in "Program and Features". The rest is automatic.

MP1 going to be moved to .NET4?
    MP1 has been moved to .NET 4. It is just the installer, which has stayed on .NET 3.5. I do agree that we should look after upgrading the installer too.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah well, Windows 8, stayed on (a very few) of my PCs for, ooooh about 5 days before it drove me mad. I could never work out if something had gone away or was on the tiles/desktop and (I think) touch is a toy for a working machine.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Suggestion for MP 1, and possibly MP 2 on Windows 10

It would be nice if the W10 on-screen keyboard could be shown when available instead of the MP keyboard. It works well and in situations where the MP keyboard is not activated -- such as a Browser running within MP.

Alternatively, if the status bar could be accessible, the keyboard icon is there.

Users who are viewing this thread