MP Playback freezes when turning off TV (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    These logs are empty. You need to start MediaPortal with the WatchDog, reproduce the problem (or wait till the problem occurs) and after that, close MediaPortal. Then the logs will be automatically collected. Attach those here.
    logs from 1 client, showing the issue, will be enough for now.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello HomeY,
    in the meantime I provided a full debugging log to thread
    MP Crashes every time I turn TV off - than back on (windows program error)
    It turned out that in my first case with XP the "set machine to idle" initial the crash. Why MP can't stand this build-in option is now the open question and if there is a solution beside unchecking the idle-option. I hope this question will not being ignored. After that I would be happy.
    THX for giving that problem (mine and some other guys) respect.:)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It turned out that in my first case with XP the "set machine to idle" initial the crash.
    And that's why we always ask to fill in your System Specs. ;)
    If i would have known you were running Windows XP, i could have told you we dropped support for that OS since MP version 1.4

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It turned out that in my first case with XP the "set machine to idle" initial the crash.
    And that's why we always ask to fill in your System Specs. ;)
    If i would have known you were running Windows XP, i could have told you we dropped support for that OS since MP version 1.4

1. I wrote XP and win 7
    2. This quoted answer is not helpful. You should decide if we the users are your partner or if you want treat us with no respect.
    You waste your and our time by NOT willing to give ANY advise where WE can come forward in issues.
    3. Do you have any clue what is the solution for this build-in-issue even in 1.6 final? That is what we will being proud of you.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. I wrote XP and win 7
    Yes, you were gonna setup a Win 7 client, but i haven't seen logs from that.

2. This quoted answer is not helpful. You should decide if we the users are your partner or if you want treat us with no respect.
    You waste your and our time by NOT willing to give ANY advise where WE can come forward in issues.
    Excuse me? I'm sure we threat every user with all the respect they earn. Now do the same with us: Fill in you system specs, stop reporting issues of UNsupported OS, fix your Win 7 client, reproduce the issue and post logs. THEN we are very happy to help you out.

3. Do you have any clue what is the solution for this build-in-issue even in 1.6 final? That is what we will being proud of you.
    There won't be a solution for XP, because we don't fix XP issues anymore, hence the drop for support since MP 1.4
    If you still have the problem with Win 7+, post logs and we'll look at it.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. I wrote XP and win 7
    Yes, you were gonna setup a Win 7 client, but i haven't seen logs from that.

Excuse me? I'm sure we threat every user with all the respect they earn. Now do the same with us: Fill in you system specs, stop reporting issues of UNsupported OS, fix your Win 7 client, reproduce the issue and post logs. THEN we are very happy to help you out.

There won't be a solution for XP, because we don't fix XP issues anymore, hence the drop for support since MP 1.4
    If you still have the problem with Win 7+, post logs and we'll look at it.

We should take that as a promise! Just upgrade to win 7 @ the same HW and we will see How? What?

Comming back to soon.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom