MP1.32 64-Bit Video Codec problem (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro.

Strangely, three of the installations went well, but the fourth couldn't run videos with the following error:

Unable to play...
    Video Codec: Mpeg2
    Audio codec: mpegLayer2

Does this mean that the deployment tool didn't install the correct 64-bit codecs on that machine or is there something else causing this? I don't think this is a configuration problem because all four clients use the same configuration files and three clients have no issues.

Also, can I install codecs separately?

This is an essential client machine so I have had to reinstall 1.31 on that machine and the logs have been overwritten.

I am hoping that this is a common enough error for someone to know what causes it.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro.

Strangely, three of the installations went well, but the fourth couldn't run videos with the following error:

Unable to play...
    Video Codec: Mpeg2
    Audio codec: mpegLayer2

Does this mean that the deployment tool didn't install the correct 64-bit codecs on that machine or is there something else causing this? I don't think this is a configuration problem because all four clients use the same configuration files and three clients have no issues.

Also, can I install codecs separately?

This is an essential client machine so I have had to reinstall 1.31 on that machine and the logs have been overwritten.

I am hoping that this is a common enough error for someone to know what causes it.
    Please, check this post. It might help. If not, then please attach your logs in debug mode.

Last edited:

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please, check this post. It might help. If not, than please attach your logs in debug mode.
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that.

A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only.

I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom