MP1.4 streamed MP - blank screen (1 Viewer)

El_D

Portal Member
April 11, 2011
Hi all,

I've just updated to 1.4 ....and am regretting it :( as I can't get Streamed MP to work. I've installed the latest version but when I start it, I get the splash screen and then nothing.

You can see its running in task manager but nothing. Tried switching to titan (urghhh) and then switching within MP. As soon as I switch, I get a black screen and nothing :(

Using Windows 8 (for my sins). I tried a repair install as well but no help.

Any help would be appreciated. Is there a log file I can generate to help find the problem?

Cheers.
El-d

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you tried restarting your PC?

I have also recently heard of an issue that Direct-X might not be fully initialised at the time when MediaPortal starts so you might want to see if you can delay it from starting once your computer starts up. Not sure if its related, but give it ago.

fyi, there is a shortcut in the start menu on starting MediaPortal in debug mode which can produce logs for you as a zip file on the desktop.

El_D

Portal Member
    April 11, 2011
    Well this is going to be embarrassing if I've failed at the first line of support : " have you tried turning it off and on again" :):)

erm actually no I haven't :oops: . .. will try later when I finish work and failing that will create a log file .

Will update later.
    Thanks
    El-d

El_D

Portal Member
    April 11, 2011
    That's it...I'm officially too old to own a computer when I can spend 3 hours faffing around researching when I just needed to reboot :)

All up and running. thanks for help.
    El-d

ps May phone the IT Crowd next time I have a problem...on/off works for them :)

pps uk TV comedy "the IT Crowd" if you haven't seen it. Worth a watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom