MP1.9 stopped working (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
itfearme, sorry about that. It failed while I was out and my daughter was using it. My process is to:

o stop MP
o start watchdog
o click on the second option
o click the proceed button (which fires up MP)

When MP fails it creates the necessary logs.

Is this the way to go?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Alan Honeyman,

Although I can't say why this is occurring it does seem to be an issue obviously but not much I can do from the plugin. What you could do is change the timings in which the artwork gets pushed to the MediaPortal texture manager.

In MP-TVSeries configuration, go to the General tab. In there you can find a delay that can be set for Posters and Fanart which defaults to 250ms, this is a very conservative value and should be no problem even for the slowest of machines. See how you go with higher values, start with 1000ms for Fanart and 750ms for Posters.

See if that helps, the other option is to turn Fanart off all together and only push Posters/Banners to the skin, you can do that as a last resort.

The last artwork that was attempted to be loaded was from the series 'Corp agus Anam':
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original\288283-1.jpg

It's unlikely that this image is the cause of the crash, but you can verify in logs if you see the crash again if that was the last image loaded.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    While im looking at your logs I also noticed you have an invalid tvseries i.e the TVDb ID (261697) does not exist for one of your series 'Sense and Sensibility'. I detected this because I saw it keeps trying to sync to your collection on trakt.tv and keeps failing:
    Code:
    Adding tv show [1/2] to trakt.tv episode collection, Episode Count = '3', Show Title = 'Sense and sensibility', Show Year = '<empty>', Show TVDb ID = '261697', Show IMDb ID = '<empty>'

So you can fix that up as well ;) Just delete the series from the MP-TVSeries configuration and then Import again choosing the correct series. Here you can see it doesn't exist:
    http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=261697

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The only thing I can do with the logs is confirm you set the timings. You can try increase further, you can also try disable fanart loading in TVSeries plugin.

You shouldn't need to do any of this as your machine appears to be very fast. It might be worth trying to download any benchmark tools which stress out the video card, memory and CPU and repeat it in a loop. You possibly have an issue there, this is way out of my domain space to know what's going on :(

Was the video card one of the hardware devices you replaced around the time the issue occurred? If so you can try install a different one if you got one handy or you can borrow (preferably something completely different). You can also try install old video card drivers as the issue could be relatively new.

Sorry I can't be much more help, this doesn't appear to be an issue related to the plugin but more the way DirectX loads the image after MediaPortal parses it along (at least from what I can tell, again this is not my area of expertise).

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I thank you for you efforts, it's much appreciated. I'm using the on-board video, so no additional card and I used the same on my previous computer without this problem. I will try the stress-test idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom