MPEG2 files - save recorded show details to MP2 file, not just separate XML file (2 Viewers)

Pearlbunny

April 28, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been unable to locate any documentation on my own for this issue.

I am using Media Portal 1 to record TV shows. Media Portal creates a XML file containing details about the show recorded, such as title, episode number, etc.
I am using a networked blu-ray DVD player to access my recorded tv shows on my main HTPC running Media Portal. The files are listed on my DVD player and can be played...however....
the blu-ray player is trying to sort the files by the file tags, which are empty. So I have one giant list of every recorded tv show in alphabetical order. The show titles include SXXEXX and the show title, so it is not horrible, but I would like to be able to put the data in the XML file INTO the tags of the TS file so I can find shows easier when I am browsing the network with my blu-ray player.

Is there a plug-in or setting for this that I have missed?

I gather my EPG information via the SchedulesDirect plugin and subscription.

Thanks so much for your help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

There's no standard way of tagging a TS file. Therefore I wonder if the Blu-Ray player is even capable of reading info from the TS file.
    If it isn't, nothing we could do would help.
    If it is, we'd need access to the technical specifications for the tag format that it's looking for. Without those details, we wouldn't be able to help.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom