MPsteam (Starting "Valve Steam" in Big Picture mode) (1 Viewer)

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    1.6 MB
  • StreamedMP.zip
    719.3 KB
Last edited:

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same for Titan. More seamless integration now including icon, title, date and time. As above: Still not perfect. Feel free to test it.

Anyway. As the only functionality at the moment is starting steam it's not very likely that you will see this sceen very often. ;)

Attachments

• 2013-06-27_21h43_59.png
    2013-06-27_21h43_59.png
    2.3 MB
  • Titan.zip
    719.4 KB
Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where do I put the files? Didn't find the path.

Edi: Found it...

Last edited:

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After some more testing I prepared a new update package that does it automatically for you:
    - updated Titan skin
    - updated StreamedMP skin
    - Removed defective DefaultWide skin for now (To be fixed in later versions)
    - Minor language text changes
    (- Not only 1.4pre support but also apparently official 1.4 support) ;)

Attachments

• MPsteam_0.0.2.3.mpe1
      808.5 KB

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Motey,

My compliments on a wonderfully simple idea and a well crafted plugin which has transformed my HTPC. I'm now going to hack apart the titan skin XMLs to put your plug in on a button on the Basic Home screen so i don't have to go into plug-ins first.

My HTPC is already powerful enough to run most modern games, I already have a fairly big Steam catalog, so this plugin has just put my Media PC front and centre for all entertainment.

So far it is working flawlessly with MP 1.4 official release. Thank you!

As regards improvements, I'd support the ones already on GitHub about either making Steam close when MP gets focus back. I don't notice any difference in game performance with MP running in the back ground so not too worried about that bit. I have to remember to 'exit' steam rather than 'return to the desktop' as I also use PowerScheduler and it monitors the steam.exe process to stop the PC going to sleep while I'm playing games.

Great work, thanks again.

Last edited:

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this awesome plugin, did find a "bug" though:

- When Mediaportal is set to "Always on top" the steam application stays behind Mediaportal, pressing the steam focus button doesn't seem to bring it on top as well.

Don't know any easy workaround (except disabling always on top) but hopefully this can be fixed.

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    In addition to the above buttons, I've also put a new 'theme' for titan on the Forum here --> Slick Blue Theme

It contains the buttons and a set of 'tweaked' xml files to put MPSteam on the 2nd BasicHome screen as per my picture above, it also includes the backdrops, and a few other tweaks, like the backdrops on the 2nd Basic home page.

For anyone using MPSteam you can use this theme or just a few of the files from it to copy over and get the MPSteam button nice and easy to get to.

Last edited:

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If anyone is interested I have created some Titan buttons for MPSteam. I created an inclusion XML file for home basic and added it onto the core ones so that it loads a logo for Steam in place of the 'Extentions' plugin on page two. I've also provided another backdrop that works on the main screen.

Buttons are here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-home-buttons-here.116634/page-6#post-1021234

e.g.
    View attachment 134930
    Thanks for the Button. But how can I use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom