MPsteam (Starting "Valve Steam" in Big Picture mode) (1 Viewer)

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If anyone is interested I have created some Titan buttons for MPSteam. I created an inclusion XML file for home basic and added it onto the core ones so that it loads a logo for Steam in place of the 'Extentions' plugin on page two. I've also provided another backdrop that works on the main screen.

Buttons are here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-home-buttons-here.116634/page-6#post-1021234

e.g.
    View attachment 134930
    Thanks for the Button. But how can I use it?

kmk235,

Long answer
    You can with use the 'slick blue' theme for Titan that I created (link in earlier post) or you can hand code the xml files yourself to change one of the buttons on the 2nd home screen to launch MP-Steam like I did. I suggest if you put it on a button you use the bottom right button on screen 2 as that button is only used by the extensions plug-in which can easily be accessed through the Plugins screen instead.

Short Answer
    Or for a quick fix if you are using Titan you can........

1) Save my button (attached below) in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Media
    2) Save the xml file (attached below) in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan' (overwriting the one that is there)

This will then change the bottom right button on page 2 of basic home to the Steam button and launch MP-Steam when triggered.[DOUBLEPOST=1378042271][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If anyone is interested I have created some Titan buttons for MPSteam.
    Buttons are here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-home-buttons-here.116634/page-6#post-1021234
    Hi GaryMartynUK,
    it would be great, if you could also provide MPSteam buttons for Titan Extended (y)

zunixnuz,

You may have missed them but there are two titan extended buttons on that post. (they are only shown as thumb nails, not full size, but if you click them you will get the full size image for extended. Or do you mean a theme / XML files to set-it up?

Attachments

• Basichome_Button_MPSteam.png
      Basichome_Button_MPSteam.png
      242.1 KB
    • include.BasicHomeButton.extensions.xml
      2.4 KB

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You may have missed them but there are two titan extended buttons on that post. (they are only shown as thumb nails, not full size, but if you click them you will get the full size image for extended.
    Yes sorry, i have missed them... thanks!

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this awesome plugin, did find a "bug" though:

- When Mediaportal is set to "Always on top" the steam application stays behind Mediaportal, pressing the steam focus button doesn't seem to bring it on top as well.

Don't know any easy workaround (except disabling always on top) but hopefully this can be fixed.

We found no solution for that so far. If Mediaportal is set to always on top then it has to be always on top. So MP does what I would expect from it. However this is not so cool for MPSteam. If any developer has a solution for this please let us know. By then please just disbale always on top for MP.

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Impressive work. Too bad that I am currently using the customizable (What is it called? Enhanced Layout?) Titan with the editor and am too lazy to change anything at the moment. ;)

But with the enhanced Titan layout + editor you could also have Steam on the start page.

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    II-IRON,

I've never used the reflex skin so don't know for sure what and if there an MPSteam skin file. But the hyperlink you need to use to get to MPSteam is 8465 in the Titan skin, depending on who made the xml files in the reflex skin it could well be the same. But if that does not work, you should find something like 'MPSteam.xml' in the skin directory (assuming that Relfex support MPSteam). If you open it up in a text editor (notepad) you should find an ID tag looking something like....

<id>8465</id>

in the top few lines. That is the window ID and hence the hyperlink value you need to use.

II-IRON

Portal Member
    October 20, 2007
    Schwinfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. to GaryMartynU.
    the tip it was what I was looking for, thank you
    'Sometimes you can see the forest for the trees'

Juwei

Portal Member
    January 6, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!

I just switched to MP and like the possibility also start Steam BP within MP. So, thank you for that plugin!
    But is there a way to get rid of the notification window within MP when starting steam?
    Or better than that: is it possible to instant start steam when pressing the steam home button instead of showing another menu?

Thanks in advance,
    Juergen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom