MPsteam (Starting "Valve Steam" in Big Picture mode) (2 Viewers)

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Should be an easy task. We'll consider it for the next version. Unfortunately I could not put much effort into development recently. It's on my todo list for 2014 to improve that. ;-)

Juwei

Portal Member
January 6, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you :) Right now i am using MultiShortCut but i am sure you are using the correct "start steam://open/bigpicture" call to bringt steam up regardless if its is already opened or not. MultiShortCut can't handle start commands.
If you are inside it, please consider adding the function to stop current playback when openening steam.

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
New stable version 1.0.0.0 is out with the following (minor) changes and fixes:
- Minor language text changes (in installer)
- Removed annoying notification message when starting steam
- Playback is now stopped before steam is started
- Skin files for StreamedMP removed from installer as MPsteam is officially supported by it meanwhile
- Changed to stable release as it seems pretty stable after +- 1 year of testing

You can get it via the official extension installer or manually here:https://github.com/motey/MPSteam/raw/master/Setup/MPsteam_1.0.0.0.mpe1
https://github.com/motey/MPSteam/raw/master/Setup/MPsteam_1.0.0.0.mpe1

if you have any problems, please let us know.
Happy steaming! :)

redpolo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2006
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I'm testing the new in_home streaming with steam. The playback from the Games isn't smooth and sometimes lagging. If i close MP before starting the games, the Problem is gone and the Games playing smooth.

Is there a way to handle the stopping and restarting of mp with this plugin?

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, unfortunately this is not possible, yet.

Suspending + resuming MP is planned for the next release. Suspending "could" help. If not, we should consider closing MP temporarily instead of "just" suspending.

But no date yet and very little time...

midknight

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi! I'm using this plugin also... great work!

One minor issue, though... I have auto refresh rate change set up in mediaportal, so, if my last movie played was a 24p movie (which most are), if I start Steam after that, it will stay with refresh rate set at 24Hz. It'd be great to set the plugin so that it changes back to 60Hz (or the desired refresh rate) upon starting Steam.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi! I'm using this plugin also... great work!

One minor issue, though... I have auto refresh rate change set up in mediaportal, so, if my last movie played was a 24p movie (which most are), if I start Steam after that, it will stay with refresh rate set at 24Hz. It'd be great to set the plugin so that it changes back to 60Hz (or the desired refresh rate) upon starting Steam.

You can do that in Dynamic Refreshrate Setup in MePo config, just tick the box "use default refresh rate" and it will revert to that setting when you stop whatever you just played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom