multi-monitor problem: start screen keeps changing (1 Viewer)

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
I use more than one monitors, and MediaPortal would often be displayed on a different monitor than the one I specified in General->"Startup/Resume settings". I suspect the issue is related to a receiver being used (I connect PC by HDMI to a receiver which connects to a TV). In the startup settings, MediaPortal configuration shows my receiver-connected-TV as a "Generic PnP Monitor (1280x720)" (even though it's actually 1920x1080). I use 2 video cards to drive the monitors.

Is there a way to force MediaPortal to stay on one monitor in a multi monitor set up?

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is exactly the same problem affecting me at the moment. I have to push MP to my primary monitor every time I start MP, yes MP starts on my secondary monitor. Anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    not sure why MePo sometimes starts on the wrong screen, first double check how MePo StartScreeen is set with MePo config, see
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings

you can force MePo to start on primary/secondary screen using the command line. see
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/003_Startup/1_Command_Line_Options

99% or the time I start MePo fullscreen on my secondary display, but sometimes I want to start windowed on the primary screen. I made a 2nd MePo start shortcut on my desktop (copy/paste rename to MePo1) and modified the "Properties > Target" to use the following, you'd need to tweak the /fullscreen=no and /screen=0 settings.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe" /fullscreen=no /screen=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom