Musicinfo / Fanart issue MyMusicPayingNow? (1 Viewer)

Fivestringer

January 6, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't know if I'm the first to bring this up but I'll give it a try to explain my issue. English is not my naticve language so sorry for any 'foggy' talk please ask if you want some retried explanation.

I've got a 30k+ musiclibrary, all tagged with the (various) artist(s) who brings out the album tagged as album artist and when other artists participate on one or more songs those are added in the artist tag. The views show my albums perfectly (sorted on year, albumartist or even artist etc.), so far so good. But with Musicinfo and Fanart things are interpreted strangely imho.

Musicinfo presents album info and review and a biography but that bio is of the tagged Artist and not the Albumartist. So on tracks where another artist participates there would be no bio at all. I would expect that there would be the bio of the Albumartist.

While the trackinfo is presenting the artists, Fanart is presenting images of the albumartist... and I was hoping/expecting to see the artists or at least be able to select which I would like to see.

I tried to fix this myself in the skinfiles but I can't find all the options and besides that it seems to occur in all the skins. So is there someone else with this problem, or even better an explanation or solution here?

Fivestringer

January 6, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry for the late reply but I was away and thanks for your reaction, this helps a bit. The skins are now showing fanart from the artists now and not the albumartist in all the skins. The thumbs are also of the artists instead of the expected albumartist but that's not a big issue for me.

But still remains the Musicinfo that seems to seek on info on the artist instead of the albumartist. Any suggestion or threat for that?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The skins are now showing fanart from the artists now and not the albumartist in all the skins. The thumbs are also of the artists instead of the expected albumartist but that's not a big issue for me.
    Should show for all the tags.
    Code:
              var selAlbumArtist = GUIPropertyManager.GetProperty("#Play.Current.AlbumArtist").Trim();
              var selArtist = GUIPropertyManager.GetProperty("#Play.Current.Artist").Trim();

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(selArtist))
                if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(selAlbumArtist))
                  if (selArtist.Equals(selAlbumArtist, StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
                    FanartHandlerSetup.Fh.CurrentTrackTag = selArtist;
                  else
                    FanartHandlerSetup.Fh.CurrentTrackTag = selArtist + '|' + selAlbumArtist;
                else
                  FanartHandlerSetup.Fh.CurrentTrackTag = selArtist;
    FanartHandler better to discuss here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/fanart-handler-plugin-v4-0-0-000.128577/

But still remains the Musicinfo that seems to seek on info on the artist instead of the albumartist. Any suggestion or threat for that?
    I understand the question of information about the artists. It makes itself or media portal or plug MusicInfoHandler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom