My Anime 3 (1 Viewer)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I started having a new problem a couple of days ago. The "watched" status doesn't update anymore. After I watch a new episode it's still listed as unwatched. Manually changing the watched status doesn't work either. This happens with any episode of any series in my list.

I found the following error in my log file:
    Code:
    00000001 - 4/11/2016 9:33:00 PM - Playback ended for: D:\Anime\Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge\[NoobSubs] Arakawa Under the Bridge × Bridge 08 (720p Blu-ray 8bit AAC).mp4
    00000001 - 4/11/2016 9:33:00 PM - Marking episode as watched: 8 - Episode 8
    00000001 - 4/11/2016 9:33:01 PM - Error in ToggleWatchedStatus: could not execute query
    [ SELECT this_.CommandRequestID as CommandR1_212_0_, this_.CommandDetails as CommandD2_212_0_, this_.CommandID as CommandID212_0_, this_.CommandType as CommandT4_212_0_, this_.DateTimeUpdated as DateTime5_212_0_, this_.Priority as Priority212_0_ FROM `CommandRequest` this_ WHERE this_.CommandID = ?p0 ]
    Positional parameters:  #0>CommandRequest_UpdateMyListFileStatus_8CACF092C7F666B0417B251128C03D7A_1a7e6aee-8fec-4e41-8c7d-3a89b27c8515
    [SQL: SELECT this_.CommandRequestID as CommandR1_212_0_, this_.CommandDetails as CommandD2_212_0_, this_.CommandID as CommandID212_0_, this_.CommandType as CommandT4_212_0_, this_.DateTimeUpdated as DateTime5_212_0_, this_.Priority as Priority212_0_ FROM `CommandRequest` this_ WHERE this_.CommandID = ?p0]

So I ran JMM Desktop and tried to manually set the watched status there. I got an error, seen in the first image. I tried to "Sync AniDB MyList" and got the second error. I don't understand what either of them say.

I can go log in to the AniDB website and edit my list there but nothing changes in JMM Desktop. I did the login test through JMM for both AniDB and MySQL and they log in just fine. I updated to JMM version 3.4.6.4 but it still doesn't work.
    JSerror.jpg
    JDerror.jpg

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Dear All,

I have been a fan of MediaPortal for quite a while now, and also love Anime and what MyAnime 3 together with JMM Server and Desktop allows me to do. MyAnime 3 always worked flawlessly for me until maybe a few months ago, where I lost part of the experience. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to seek help, and since it still works and can still watch my anime it wasn't high on my priority list to attend to.

So The issues I am facing are as follows:

1) One fine morning the Anime Posters stopped displaying (I am using a poster-list display view). I tried restarting, I have upgraded since then, I tried switching between banner list, cover flow etch. but none of them works properly (probably have to update the banners attached in JMM server), but ultimately i prefer the list view, where as you scroll through the list a poster/vocer of the anime appears on the left of it. Fanart background still works great though. Any ideas how to restore it?

2) There seems to be no more Trakt integration, I used to watch an episode and it would update trakt automatically. Now in the configuration I see no option to link with trakt, and in trakt configuration there is no option to tick MyAnime3 in order to monitor it. Is there something wrong with my setup or a way to achieve it or is it just the way it is going to be?

Apologies if these issues maybe have been discussed in this thread before. I did a quick a very search but couldn't find something that answers my questions.

Regards

AT

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I would lke to request (again) to enable MyAnime on MP2 - it's the only but major important plugin I'm missing there... :(

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know if lwendly is still around here anymore.
    Last login was Mid Nov. 2015

Seems like you have hop over to his dev. website

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are new versions of server, desktop & plugin available.

Be aware!:
    You have to disable the streaming checkbox in the plugin config (enabled by default)!
    Otherwise you will not play from shares if you havn't set up a streaming server!

Took me some hours to discover this

cfg.jpg

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    Hello Everyone,

My name is ElementalCrisis and I'm one of the staff members on this project. Yhoogi is correct and we've released an update for My Anime 3, version 3.6.0.4 which is currently available on our website, http://jmediamanager.org/downloads, I also suggest reading the 3.6 blog post for a quick rundown on some of the new features, http://jmediamanager.org/version-3-6-brings-speed-and-streaming/. The download here will be updated, Leo has been swamped with work so instead of making our My Anime 3 users wait, we uploaded it to our site so they can benefit from the new additions and bug fixes.

We're actually looking for a some help from the MediaPortal community, one of the things we did not get to do with this update is update the skins that are still available. Here are the skins that had been previously supported by My Anime 3.

• aMPed
    • Avallonis
    • Avalon
    • DefaultWide
    • StreamedMP
    • Titan
    • XFactor
    However it seems not all of those skins are updated anymore and from our testing only the following skins still work. Also it seems DefaultWide was replaced with DefaultWideHD which is also currently not supported.

• Avalon
    • StreamedMP
    • Titan

While the plugin will still install the files for all the skins in the first list, we're only supporting the ones in the second list for now. I did the initial testing and while they work, only Titan has received changes to it since the last time the plugin was updated. We're hoping some of the more experienced MediaPortal members would like to help us out and go through the skins and report any issues they encounter. We're also looking for any skinners who have some free time and would like to help out with My Anime 3 with updating the supported skins and, if you'd like even adding support for additional skins.

Please report any issues you encounter with My Anime on GitHub so we can track it.
    https://github.com/japanesemediamanager

We're always looking to improve the JMM Suite so we welcome all feedback on what you'd like to see added/changed in future versions. I'll be checking this thread but feel free to get in contact with me on our Discord server, https://discordapp.com/channels/96234011612958720/96234011612958720.

Also in regards to the new streaming option, you don't need a streaming server to use this feature. What it does, if enabled is it allows you to access and play files from your collection even if MediaPortal and JMM Server are not on the same computer. You will need to update the Server Address from 127.0.0.1 to the IP of the computer JMM Server is on, you'll also need to make sure port 8111 and 8112 are open so JMM Server can be accessed.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ElementalCrisis

Thanks for posting here so we can some better insight into the changes and ask questions or suggest improvements :) , few things I noticed so far:

- Extension page / MPEI repo has not been updated yet: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/my-anime-3
    - Streaming server option was on by default, considering most will have direct access to the media and the proper codecs (LAV) under Mediaportal it might be better to keep this off by default as it might break playback for some or add additional server load for direct-stream / transcoding (not sure how JMM does this exactly tbh).

Otherwise so many improvements in every area from the desktop client to the server as well so it's good to see this project is still going strong :D

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    I almost missed your post because as it's above mine, how does a reply get posted above the post it's replying to, lol. :)

- Extension page / MPEI repo has not been updated yet: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/my-anime-3

At the moment only Leo has access to it and like I mentioned he's been swamped with work and hasn't had time to update it. But we'll get it updated soon, :)

- Streaming server option was on by default, considering most will have direct access to the media and the proper codecs (LAV) under Mediaportal it might be better to keep this off by default as it might break playback for some or add additional server load for direct-stream / transcoding (not sure how JMM does this exactly tbh).

I've brought this up in our staff channel as it seems to be the main issue a lot of users are having. Streaming will be getting a bit of a change in 3.6.5 and I can only assume we'll have this issue fixed by then as well.

I've been using JMM for years now and this past week was my first time using MediaPortal and My Anime 3. I'm gonna spend some time learning more about the extension maker as this was also the first time I used it and see if I can learn how skinning works in MediaPortal to get some skin issues fixed. We've got a lot of exciting features planned out for JMM and a lot of volunteers, just lacking a few more experienced MediaPortal users/developers so hopefully I can better contribute to this part of the project or find some people who are willing to help out. :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I almost missed your post because as it's above mine, how does a reply get posted above the post it's replying to, lol. :)

Yeah not sure what is going on with the forum as newer ones are now getting placed before the older ones o_O :whistle:

I've been using JMM for years now and this past week was my first time using MediaPortal and My Anime 3. I'm gonna spend some time learning more about the extension maker as this was also the first time I used it and see if I can learn how skinning works in MediaPortal to get some skin issues fixed. We've got a lot of exciting features planned out for JMM and a lot of volunteers, just lacking a few more experienced MediaPortal users/developers so hopefully I can better contribute to this part of the project or find some people who are willing to help out. :)

Let me know in which other areas you need help with this as I can help out with MA3 coding or just general troubleshooting / documentation :) , not that great at skinning and mainly use StreamedMP here as it's pretty clean and functional but willing to take a look at this as well however would personally skip the very old skins that are no longer maintained as it's more likely that it no longer works right with Mediaportal or other mainstream plugins as well.

Long time user here as well and it's really the only Anime manager out there that does everything perfectly out of the box, now that it supports Kodi and Plex as well can only imagine the user base will grow steadily :)
    Been looking at Microsoft UWP for a Anime buddy replacement but there are limitations there to what they allow code wise, a good example of an UWP app is Cover which is a comic / manga reader so think something in that design at least would fit it nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom