• September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)

Aleanil

September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Long story, short request:

I just updated my MyAnime install from 3.4.3 to the most recent 3.6.1, and found that it no longer loads - Mediaportal config says that anime3.dll is "broken or incompatible with the current Mediaportal version". Tested on MP 1.12, 1.14, and 1.15 - all the same, on two different computers. Did a complete wipe of all mediaportal settings and files and an utterly clean install, and same results.

I then clean installed a laptop with Win7x74 and it worked fine - which reminded me that my tv computers run win7x86 (as they both use xbox DVD remotes, which don't have x64 drivers).

So, am I correct in assuming that the MyAnime3 plugin is no longer compiled for x86? Is there any chance it can be / will be in the future, or did my troubleshooting point me in the wrong direction and I have some different issue?

Thanks for all your efforts on the project, I've used it for years and it's pretty much worked flawlessly.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will do, to be honest it's something i've lived with for the longest time, i just accepted it as how it was meant to be :)

Updated menu so that it indeed only uses previous items like it displays and not include current, better expected results that way I think especially for new users :)

So, am I correct in assuming that the MyAnime3 plugin is no longer compiled for x86? Is there any chance it can be / will be in the future, or did my troubleshooting point me in the wrong direction and I have some different issue?

Checked to make sure but we still compile X86 as Mediaportal 1 needs that, could you post the following logs located in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log :

MyAnime3.log
    Mediaportal.log
    Mediaportal-error.log

Optionally those from configuration as well, that way we can hopefully see what is going on exactly.

Last edited:

Aleanil

September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Checked to make sure but we still compile X86 as Mediaportal 1 needs that, could you post the following logs located in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log :

MyAnime3.log
    Mediaportal.log
    Mediaportal-error.log

Optionally those from configuration as well, that way we can hopefully see what is going on exactly.

MyAnime3.log: null, never created
    Config: http://pastebin.com/x6DgbTEB
    Mediaportal.log: http://pastebin.com/xGhpYjui
    Mediaportal-error.log: http://pastebin.com/RjfrBybp

This is using Mediaportal 1.15.0 and Windows 7 x86. If you can make any sense of it, I'd be much obliged - I wasted a couple of hours last weekend on it, and a few more hours today wiping and installing and testing.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached test build which is worth a try (not based on our upcoming release), do notice other plugins reporting same error like InfoService which is part of Mediaportal so might not be completely MyAnime3 related.

So to confirm you get this on a complete clean Mediaportal 1.15 install (no existing Mediaportal folders)?

If with the attached build it still generates the same error would try it after this .NET framework install:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.6.10.0_TESTING010.mpe1
      6.7 MB

Aleanil

September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Attached test build which is worth a try (not based on our upcoming release), do notice other plugins reporting same error like InfoService which is part of Mediaportal so might not be completely MyAnime3 related.

So to confirm you get this on a complete clean Mediaportal 1.15 install (no existing Mediaportal folders)?

If with the attached build it still generates the same error would try it after this .NET framework install:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130

Oh, good call on the .NET framework update - that's what was needed. I installed the test version of the plugin, no luck. Installed the new framework and then it worked fine.

Tested it on my other TV computer by just installing the framework, then the current 3.6.1.0 build - it also worked fine, with no need for the test build. Looks like that was all that I needed. Thank you for the help!

(and even better, this new version of the plugin/server fixed a long standing issue wherein episode 542 of One Piece would *never* be marked as played - I'd mark it, close MP, and it'd be unmarked again the next time I restarted MP. It's great!)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome, will add that in readme for next update unless we can remove the .NET framework 4.6 requirement :)

// Update

MA3 is back to .NET 4.0 for the next release.

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Some questions... I don't know if it's skin related or plugin:

- when stopping a video it stops - starts again, plays for about 3 seconds before it stops again.
    - after that the menue items (Episode list) is not loading - the list stays empty. When you go back to Series and into episodes again they are here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom