My Films 6 MP 1.3 alpha and Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Should have though about that. Sorry. Let's try again. Also, I think it is only on films with H.264 format.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Where you able to get anything from the debug logs? Do I need to do anything different?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi davidpmays,
    sorry for the (very) long delay - due to personal reason, I unfortunately didn't have any chance to follow up this one.
    Thanks for providing the extensive log files.
    I have created an issue here so I won't forget to solve this issue.
    Thanks and regrards, Guzzi

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Where you able to get anything from the debug logs? Do I need to do anything different?
    I see in your log files, why the playback doesn't work - I will have to debug the code to fix the problem - seems, it is not using the right movie object when launching BDplayer.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I see in your log files, why the playback doesn't work - I will have to debug the code to fix the problem - seems, it is not using the right movie object when launching BDplayer.
    ... could you please post or PM me your config and movie catalog file to reproduce the issue.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Hey Guzzi, I am happy you are working on MyFilms. I thought it had been abandoned and I switched over to Moving Pictures. I can reload MyFilms and test again. It may be Tuesday before I can get this done. I am swamped until Monday night. I will load MyFilms 6.1.0.3107 then test several different BluRay formats. I will look back on the log and see which format was causing the problem. Again Thanks for looking at this.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Guzzi, I am now running MP1.8.0 and reloaded MyFilms 6.1.0.3107. One of the movies I was using for test was 2012. 2012 plays fine in this configuration. I don't know how to locate other H.264 format films. It used to display on the selection screen I think but I am really not sure. If I can figure out a way to locate them I will try some more. However, I looks like you have accomplished your quest. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2012 Detail.JPG
      2012 Detail.JPG
      26.1 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi David - in 6.1 you can view by any field. Try:
    1. Main menu (via left arrow)
    2. View by - select '*** Show All ***' (near the end of the list of fields/views) to display all fields
    3. Select 'Video Format'
    That should give you a list of all the values for video format field in your database and hopefully you can find some H.264 format films.

For all the gory details see Views in the MyFilms wiki. It's a huge leap from the old days of MyFilms when you had only a few options (Storage Format was one IIRC)

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Guzzi, I am now running MP1.8.0 and reloaded MyFilms 6.1.0.3107. One of the movies I was using for test was 2012. 2012 plays fine in this configuration. I don't know how to locate other H.264 format films. It used to display on the selection screen I think but I am really not sure. If I can figure out a way to locate them I will try some more. However, I looks like you have accomplished your quest. Thanks.
    Had a look at you initial log files again - did the BDPlayer error appear together with the unability to play a file/movie?
    Code:
    BDPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    If yes, are you able to play the file in MyVideos (with BDPLayer extension)?

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    I was not able to play the movie without the BDHandler extension. I am not familiar with the BDPlayer and it does not show up in MediaPortal Extensions Manager. I tried your suggestion of viewing based on video format and it said I didn't have any movies that matched that format. I am using Movie Collector Cobalt4.5 Pro for my database. I went through it's fields and was unable to find anything that related to video format. Considering it is supplying the data and it lacks the information, it is reasonable you can't display it. Your field is probably blank. I have not discovered how to see the details of what you read other than display in MyFilms. Also, I realized I am linking the movie to the MovieObject.bdmv in the DBMV subdirectory of each movie. I loaded my movies with SlySoft's rip video and linked to the dbmv to choose what portion of the movie to play. Therefore, the link you receive is not the file with the video it is more of a menu. I am getting a sinking feeling here. In my weakness, I thought you would pick up this data from the video file. Now, I realize you may not be able to see the video file. Back when I only had about 300 movies I tried to figure out the best way to store them on hard disks. I went through a lot of trial and redo. I finally landed on Slyfox rip for Bluray and Slyfox CloneDVD2 for dvd. Now I am questioning my wisdom. If there is a way to extract it from the video file maybe I could write a Lunix awk or shell script to extract and add it to your database. I have been working on a set of script to extract MovieCollector information and store it in XBMC format so it is not a far fetched idea. What can I do next to help you? BTW, just so you know, I like your plugin. I am not familiar with scrapers but maybe something could be done with one. Is there a scrapper for Movie Collector you are using to extract movie data?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom