My Films Groups / Box Sets problem (1 Viewer)

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
November 30, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

im quite new to mediaportal (have uses WMC so far) and im realy happy with MP. But now i got stucked and need some help with the MyFilms Plugin.

Ok im using My Movies to gather information about my movies on my harddisk. I also have some Box Sets for Example Harry Potter. Now i was trying to combine all 7 movies to a group but i cant get it to work. I've followed this totorial (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ns/My_Films/3_Using_My_Films/Box_Sets,_Groups) but my problem is that there is no option "Add to Box Set" when pressing F9, so i dont know how to group those movies.
My folderstructure is the following:

Movies/Harry Potter/Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone/Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.mkv
Movies/Harry Potter/Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets/Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.mkv
and so on.

since i use mymovies and not AMC (mymovies seems to have best german metadata) i can't import automaticaly. Im using the xml export Function of mymovies to export all data to an xml file. The movies are already grouped / boxed in the mymovies database and the exportet xml file.

I would like to have a grouped view like
Lord of the Rings
+ Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
+ Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Harry Potter
+ Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
+ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

But i always get
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Harry Potter
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Regardless what i try, a always get all films in a single row and not in a grouped structure. So any help would be appreciated.

btw: Im using
Mediaportal v1.5.0.0
MyFilms v6.0.3.2921

-Falcon

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    since i use mymovies and not AMC (mymovies seems to have best german metadata) i can't import automaticaly. Im using the xml export Function of mymovies to export all data to an xml file.
    .. and that is the reason, you can't use the group feature inside MyFIlms - because using external catalog is "one way only" and not able to "write back" to your MyMovies database.

The movies are already grouped / boxed in the mymovies database and the exportet xml file.
    ... then I'd just suggest you add an issue to googel tracker to add the grouping to the MyMovies import filter, then you can continue managing your movies including the grouping in mymovies and MyFilms would display then like that. Please also post your MyMovies DB (or a part from it, containing some grouped movies) so I can use it as sampüle when extending the import filter.

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
    November 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please also post your MyMovies DB (or a part from it, containing some grouped movies) so I can use it as sampüle when extending the import filter.
    Thanks for the quick reply, well afaik MyMovis stores its DB in a mysql or msql database, so i dont know how to post the DB-File or a part of it, and it seems like the xml file doesnt contain informations about the grouped movies. :(

I still dont understand why these steps doesnt work for me:
    Creating a Box Set, Group
    You do not need to auto-create groups during import. You can create a group, and add or remove movies to it within MyFilms.

Create a new Box Set, Group
    1. Select a movie you wish to add to a Box Set or Group
    2. Select "Add to box set' from the Main screen context menu, accessed via F9 or Info/More remote button:
    Cause i don't have the option "Add to box set" when pressing F9. If i could manually merge the groups with this funktion everything would be fine.
    I thought the MP-Theme would probably be the problem so i switched from the included Titan-Theme to the default Theme and i also tried the PureVisionHD 1080 v6.3.1 from 28/11/2013

-FALCON

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    That features is only working when using AMC (Ant Movie Database) type catalog, as this is "read-write". When you use MyMovies catalog type, that is "readonly", as MyFilms can't write back to the original source - and thus MyFilms can't create box set information. Only way is to let MyFilms read filter let import already existing box set information - but if you say, that is not available, then MyFilms read filter can't map it to its internal format...

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
    November 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah ok is see, thanks. Seems like i have to rebuilt my Movie DB with AMC then.
    Is there any way to let AMC read the information from the folder instead from an internet DB? For example .nfo files wich contain the metadata in xml format?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Ah ok is see, thanks. Seems like i have to rebuilt my Movie DB with AMC then.
    Is there any way to let AMC read the information from the folder instead from an internet DB? For example .nfo files wich contain the metadata in xml format?
    Yes, there is an nfo grabber available. But best is to ask in MyFilms forum somebody who also use mymovies and nfo grabber and give some own experience and feedback to that usecase. Easiest is probably to just use the tmp xml file, that is generated as base for a new AMC4 catalog config - you could do that for testing only also.

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
    November 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks, i will try it this way :)

I did some research, seems like mymovies write group-informations to the exportet xml file. if you are still interested, i could upload a testfile somewhere, containing one group (lord of the rings group and the three parts as grouped / boxed child of the group)

greetz
    Falcon

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Many thanks, i will try it this way :)

I did some research, seems like mymovies write group-informations to the exportet xml file. if you are still interested, i could upload a testfile somewhere, containing one group (lord of the rings group and the three parts as grouped / boxed child of the group)

greetz
    Falcon
    I offered to extend the import filter, yes - please create an issue for it and upload a sample export I can use. Does mymovies also export / provide images for the groups?

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
    November 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i will create an report and upload a sample export of the mymovies xml file with a group and 1 or 2 single films in the next days.
    A group / box is basically a film/movie dataset with same datafields like a normal movie, including a front / back cover. The only different is, that there are other movies grouped to the Movie as a child via an unique id inside the xml file. So its much more "powerfull" than the group function from AMC where you cant provide any additional Information about the group and the Groupecover is taken from a movie inside the group.

greetz
    Falcon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom