Myfilm will not take my personal ratings, what field should I use? (1 Viewer)

deazo

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
Hi all,

First of all thank you all for this fantastic software, I am discovering it a second time as I was unsuccessfull 4 years ago and the import from my Movie management software (personal video database) is really great.
But (there is always a but) there are certain fields that I cannot get to show up in MP.
Please see the "carrie" screen attached. There are 3 ratings, IMDB, RT, and my personal one, called "rating".
In the XML export file, these are called:
<imdbrating>7,4</imdbrating>
<rating>10</rating>
<orating>8,1</orating>

MP only takes the imdb rating but according to the wiki page, does not take it from that field?
(and by the way, multiplies it by 10, is this expected?) and does not inport the two others.
Would you know if there is something I can do to get them in?

I guess I iwill have to modify the way PVD generate the XML, right?

Please help, I am dying to use this.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• carrie.jpg
    carrie.jpg
    231.6 KB
  • carrie.xml
    3.8 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Is the attached xml the export done b pbd? If yes I can check it when at home - might require minor change to the import filter ...

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi all,

First of all thank you all for this fantastic software, I am discovering it a second time as I was unsuccessfull 4 years ago and the import from my Movie management software (personal video database) is really great.
    But (there is always a but) there are certain fields that I cannot get to show up in MP.
    Please see the "carrie" screen attached. There are 3 ratings, IMDB, RT, and my personal one, called "rating".
    In the XML export file, these are called:
    <imdbrating>7,4</imdbrating>
    <rating>10</rating>
    <orating>8,1</orating>

MP only takes the imdb rating but according to the wiki page, does not take it from that field?
    You're right - the wiki page is incorrect - I just checked the code and indeed it IS mapping the imdbrating to the Rating field.

(and by the way, multiplies it by 10, is this expected?)
    No, that is not intended - most probably that happens due to to used culture - the import filter always uses english culture - which worked at the time when the filter was added. Which culture are you using? We might need to change the filter to use "currentCulture" - as it seems, PVD is using that for the export !?

and does not inport the two others.
    Correct.
    However, as we now do have the "extended fields" available in MyFilms, we could do a mapping as follows:
    - imdbrating -> Rating
    - rating -> RatingUser

Would you know if there is something I can do to get them in?
    I guess I iwill have to modify the way PVD generate the XML, right?
    Nothing you can do - it needs a modification to the import filter for PVD within MyFilms code. If you create a respective issue in teh Tracker, I can do that for the next release. You might also want to check if there is other (extended) fields that should be mapped too.

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Wohooo .... that is 6 years ago :)

Yep. I've been using PVD for years! To me it is probably the best movie collection management software.
    But these days I am tempted by the eye candy that is MP, realising they both could work hand in hand.

In regard to your first answer:

- What is "culture"? I have no idea what you are referring to!
    - " If you create a respective issue in teh Tracker" How do I do that?

Thanks for the help!

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Wohooo .... that is 6 years ago :)

Yep. I've been using PVD for years! To me it is probably the best movie collection management software.
    But these days I am tempted by the eye candy that is MP, realising they both could work hand in hand.

In regard to your first answer:

- What is "culture"? I have no idea what you are referring to!
    Your language/country specific settings. This e.g. defines formats used for numbers (comma vs. dot), date format, etc. What GUI language do you use in windows and what country are you from?

- " If you create a respective issue in teh Tracker" How do I do that?
    We track all changes in the MyFilms issue tracker - if you open an issue there including the requested changes and details/links there, we won't forget about it and I can do the required changes for the next release.

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    I am from France BUT my OS and all my software are in English.
    I do not have any setting for "france" activated.
    However I have noticed that in some case PVD scrapper was using the French IMDB page, rather than the English one. It's probably just imdb redirecting me to it, based on my IP.
    I will update the tracker.
    Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom