MyFilms 6.1.0 - Upcoming Features! (Test Mode) (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    With the release of v 6.0.3, we have introduced a "Test mode" in MyFilms, that allows you to enable and test upcoming features planned for future releases.

Who should use Test Mode?
    Anyone can enable Test Mode and peek into the features we plan for the near future, but we recommend this only for experienced users and users willing to help us with testing and provide quality feedback and bug reports. These Test Mode features are NOT supported for normal use! - some are WIP and not yet fully complete and documentation might be missing or incomplete.

Skinners may also use Test Mode to get a 'jump start' for any skin changes for v 6.1.0.

And what is your benefit?
    You'll help improving MyFilms and help to get new features into next releases.
    And ... well ... you get access to some pretty cool features :D.

How can you help us?
    We need help testing the new features as well as the documentation. So you can help by:
    • Testing a feature and providing feedback in this thread - positive feedback that the feature is working as intended is also very important
    • Provide proper bug reports (see Support) so we can fix it for the public release
    • Check the documentation, ideally as you test new features, and provide feedback or even contribute to improving the documentation!
    The sooner we can 'verify' fixes and new features, and finalize the documentation, the sooner such a feature might go into public release!

Any prerequisites?
    Since the upcoming features are new, and only basic testing has been completed, most important is, as always:
    1. Take a backup of your data - a bug in a test mode feature might do harm to your data!
    2. Make sure you know how you can restore your backup to revert to a working environment.
    If you're not sure, you probably should not use Test Mode - wait until the features go into a public release ;-)

Several of the Online Movie Lists, and Trailer features require the OnlineVideos plugin - see the wiki What's New > 6.1.0 for details.

How do I enable the test mode and test the features?
    Test mode can be enabled in MyFilms setup. You MUST save your config, and restart setup to see new setup options.

Upcoming 6.1.0 features (available in 6.0.3 in Test Mode)
    MyFilms v6.0.3 Test Mode includes the following features planned for 6.1.0 which are ready to be evaluated/tested:
    • Improved Setup Wizard to support central config setups
    • Precaching of movie DB on startup for faster initial plugin start especially for network setups
    • Autorun AMCU (Import new movies) on plugin start
    • Virtual path browsing - aka Shares view on steroids ;)
    • Change Default Config and Options via Options > Global Settings in GUI
    • Support for movie thumbs in Details screen
    • Box Sets/Groups:
      • Improved Box Set management in GUI
      • Download of collection covers from TMDB
      • New dialog for visual image selection (for Collection Covers) (requires skin change)
    • Online Movie Info:
      • Online info about current, upcoming and most liked movies
      • Allow sorting for Online Movie Info/Lists
      • Context search option for online content to search local content by facade label keywords
      • OnlineVideos search in movie context menu
      • Local caching for trailers of online content
    • Trailers:
      • Download trailers for multiple movies
      • Trailer 'Scrobbling' - Play random trailers from a group of films
      • Play online streams directly in MyFilms
    • Persons Info:
      • Get TMDB filmography via person context menu
      • View related persons view from Details Window
    For more information on how to enable and use the Upcoming 6.1.0 features, see the wiki: What's New > 6.1.0!

Happy testing :)

Last edited:

eRJe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2009
    Den Helder
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HUH?! Testing feedback in this thread right? I've been away from my HTPC for a while but i'm now very happy to be the first to give some feedback:)

First of all, THANKS for updating MyFilm to be compatible again with the latest MP. I was really missing it! After recreating my movie catalogue (I lost the old one), I was searching for a way to automatically download trailers for all my movies. Before I didn't care about having offline trailers but some of the MyFilm features make it useful. So I entered the "Test-Mode" Being impatience as always, I overlooked the fact I had to use the default skin... But I got it working!

Automatic trailer download works wonderful!! Really wow! It downloaded 212 movie trailers in 17 minutes!

I also tried to update the actors info but I ran into some small issues.

- I can only update all actors info from the view Films/Actors/A...B...C, etc (Context options/6 Updates/2 Update info for all involved persons (IMDb). ie I can only update actors per alphabet. (could be by design)
    - When updating all actors under, for example "A", I can not do anything else without aborting the update.
    - Non updated actors have the default grey man with a-z icon, when updated and no actor info was found, this icon changes too the default empty black man icon. When I now exit the menu "A" and then re-entering the list with "A" actors again, the icons have changed back to the default a-z icon.
    - I also found a global update under Menu/Options/2. Global updates/5. Load person info (all persons) but I don't think this is working either. Although I am not 100% sure. Maybe this process is also aborted by something and since most actors have already been updated and the icon for non updated actors seem to reset, it is hard to tell if anything is being done with this option.

I've included the log files in case they are useful. I'll be happy to provide more info.

Thanks again for the update(s). I'm very happy to be able to use MyFilms again. The extra features is a great bonus!

Robbert

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    FYI aMPed 3.6.1 (just released) includes support for the upcoming 6.1.0 features in testmode - notably the dialog to download and select Collection Covers from TMDb, as well as the movie thumbs display in Details Window (when Description is selected, or using right arrow from Fanart View).

I'm not 100% clear about your issue updating actors info :confused:. There are several ways to do it:
    1. Select 'Updates > Update info for all involved persons (IMDb)' from the context menu in either Main or Details window - it's canceled when you stop it.
    2. If you Enable Downloads (default=enabled) in Artwork Setup > Persons Views, then MyFilms will automatically download the info in the background when you select 'Info for Related Persons' from the context menu - although IIRC it only 'updates' info every 30 days if you already have info for the person.
    3. In a Persons view like actors - you can select"
    1. Update Person info (IIRC that uses TMDb)
    2. Update info for all persons (IMDb)
    3. Get internet person info (selected person) - that one uses a grabber script - so far only IMDb but I think Guzzi plans to add more.
    Option 2 works in the background, and you should see the text 'updating' on the list of persons as it updates each person. But, I think it also uses TMDb - so it is possible there is no persons info on TMDb for many of them - you can check. ;)

I am not expert in reading log files - but in MyFilms.log it shows quite a lot of updates for Actors under 'E' eg. Eamon Sheehan etc. So I suspect it was working in the background. But IIRC it gets canceled when you select another view/database or menu function.

I also found a global update under Menu/Options/2. Global updates/5. Load person info (all persons)
    Ha you got me there! I didn't even know that existed, don't know what it does, and didn't document it. :confused: @Guzzi ?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have never run MyFilms before and thought I would give it a go. I did click the Test Mode button.

One thing that stands out to me.....

10/26/2013 9:00:34 AM - File Imported - \\BUGS\Movies\Horror\The Frankenstein Syndrome [tt1337686].avi - Horror - Movie found by imdb hint (tt1337686).
    It Stoped scanning until I told it to skip :(
    10/26/2013 5:24:13 PM - File Not Imported - ********** \\BUGS\Movies\Testing\Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv ***** - Failed to load Internet Data for \\BUGS\Movies\Testing\Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv
    Other than that the scan seemed to go well.. Tomorrow I will install onto my MP1 Client and take a look
    Just thought you might like to see the log....

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    10/26/2013 9:00:34 AM - File Imported - \\BUGS\Movies\Horror\The Frankenstein Syndrome [tt1337686].avi - Horror - Movie found by imdb hint (tt1337686).
    It Stoped scanning until I told it to skip
    Yeah that's odd - just to confirm what you mean by 'skip' - did you get the Manual Matching dialog and pressed the Ignore button? It didn't really 'skip' it because it imported it - as your log shows. But no other info - so unless we can find more info, I'm not sure what happened there!

What would you like to do with 'Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv" ? Is that a movie file? If not, and you still want to import it in MyFilms, just run the import again using 'Auto Match and media only if no match' under Import Behaviour.

Just a head's up - as reported in other threads, IMDB changed format a bit again last week or so, and so the IMDB grabbers are not grabbing covers. TMDb changed their API so fanart download (and anything that uses old API) is also broken atm :(

eRJe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2009
    Den Helder
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Dadeo,

Option 1 that you describe works only for the selected movie, right?
    This works well. I go into "All Movies" and open the context menu, I select "12 updates" > "3 Update info for all involved persons (IMDb)" All actors from the selected movie are being updated.

Option 3 is where I experience some issues. In the first place I'm missing the option to update "all" actors from a-z. The option "Update info for all persons (IMDb)" only applies to "all" the actors within the selected alphabetic letter, ie "A", "B", etc. So to update every single actor in the MyFilm database, I have to select the option "Update info for all persons (IMDb)" 27 times (a-z + #).

The other thing I found, but perhaps this is by design, concerns to the picture for the actor. There are 3 options for an actor picture:
    1. a grabbed photo of the selected actor from the internet
    2. a MyFilm default picture when the actor has not yet been updated
    3. a MyFilm default picture when the actor was updated but no photo was found

(See attached pictures)

Currently after doing an actor update, the default picture from option 3 is being reset to the default picture from option 2, once you have re-entered the section (a-z).

Attachments

• Option1.jpg
      Option1.jpg
      52.1 KB
    • Option2.jpg
      Option2.jpg
      37.3 KB
    • Option3.jpg
      Option3.jpg
      34.3 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    did you get the Manual Matching dialog and pressed the Ignore button? It didn't really 'skip' it because it imported it - as your log shows

I just found it odd that everything came to a halt when this matching dialog box appeared. I will most likly move the 'Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv file out of there, it is a left over from a SPDIF test I was doing with / for kiwijunglist
    I id another look at the log and what is actually in the database, the log shows this was not imported and it is not in the database, even did another scan and once again it came up in the matching dialog screen....

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Option 1 that you describe works only for the selected movie, right?
    Correct

Option 3 is where I experience some issues. In the first place I'm missing the option to update "all" actors from a-z. The option "Update info for all persons (IMDb)" only applies to "all" the actors within the selected alphabetic letter, ie "A", "B", etc. So to update every single actor in the MyFilm database, I have to select the option "Update info for all persons (IMDb)" 27 times (a-z + #).
    Just select 'View options' from the Actors (or any person) view context menu and turn off the index. Then you will get all actors in one list. You can even save that as your default view for Actors, if you prefer, otherwise it will revert to the default (indexed view) next time you open that view. Of you could save it as and 'Actors all' view or whatever name you prefer.

The other thing I found, but perhaps this is by design, concerns to the picture for the actor. There are 3 options for an actor picture:
    1. a grabbed photo of the selected actor from the internet
    2. a MyFilm default picture when the actor has not yet been updated
    3. a MyFilm default picture when the actor was updated but no photo was found
    Yeah option 2 is the default view image selected in Views Setup, option 3 is the default actor/person image selected on Artwork tab. If you update and no image is found for the actor, then the default/missing actor image displays. But when you reopen the view then the default view image displays. I'm not sure that is by design or not :p I suspect so, because My Films will check the actor/person again during next update to see if an image has been added/updated, so it doesn't treat they actor as 'missing' until it updates. But I can understand your confusion. For a 'workaround' you could just select the same default image for the view and the default person image.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just found it odd that everything came to a halt when this matching dialog box appeared. I will most likly move the 'Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv file out of there, it is a left over from a SPDIF test I was doing with / for kiwijunglist
    I id another look at the log and what is actually in the database, the log shows this was not imported and it is not in the database, even did another scan and once again it came up in the matching dialog screen....
    I meant The Frankenstein Syndrome
    the log you posted shows:
    Code:
    10/26/2013 9:00:34 AM -  File  Imported - \\BUGS\Movies\Horror\The Frankenstein Syndrome [tt1337686].avi - Horror -  Movie found by imdb hint (tt1337686).
    Yes the import halts when you use Manual Matching. The default Import Behaviour setting (Auto match & ask if no match) is for updates, but you can change it for each import operation.For major/batch imports I recommend using 'auto match only' first, then 'manual matching' (as the wiki tip says for Importing new movies, New Catalogs, etc. ;)). But you don't need to import many movies very often. And you always have the option to 'Auto Match and media only if no match' and update any mis/unmatched movies later, either in GUI or AMCU View Movies tab.

With tt numbers in your folder/filenames you won't need to worry about it very often :p I still don't know why you even got the manual matching dialog for The Frankenstein Syndrome when it found an exact match via tt number!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Thats the thing.... Manual Matching displayed Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv file located in the Test folder while it did correctly import the TheFrankenstein Syndrome...
    I had a tail running on the log file, the log stopped getting updated after it imported Frankenstein, it was not untill I seen the new Window open asking what I wanted to do with the next file Z-FantasiaSoundCheck.mkv
    Should there be an entry in the logs of why it stopped?

If you look at my first post you can see it did import Frankenstein, it was not until hours later did I discover it had stopped on Z-Fantasia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom