MyFilms and Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: MyFilms and Cover Art

Can you attach a test db with a few films that fail to download the cover?

Hi z3us,

Here is my database ALL the films fail to download cover art. The few that have cover art has been attached manually.
    I tried again last night with a new config set up via the MyFilms wizars with default values and with Mymovies.xml located in the default AMC catalog folder. Still the same outcome using either of the two grabbers I uploaded. I must be doing something wrong buy cant see what!.
    Hi Jono25,
    I had a look into your config/files.
    You do have 3 configs in MyFilms - not sure, which one is the one you used for testing lately ("Movies" or "films").
    But I found, you've set your cover images path once to "D:\Films_\films_", once to "D:\" - plus the prefix to "films_" or "Movies_.
    In your catalog, there is a mixture - some records have one config, some the other.
    When you start myfilms, it tries to get the cover picture like e.g.:
    D:\films_\films_2010.jpg
    \\MAIN\Films\24- Redemption_\folder.jpg
    D:\Movies_1.jpg
    D:\films_\films_3_10 to Yuma.jpg
    SO I would suggest to check, if those covers are there.
    It is difficult to know, what records have been updated/imported with what configuration (plus you said you did some manual ones).
    I would suggest to create a new config with an empty catalog and import just some films - starting with the default config, that the wizard suggests and IMDB grabber. If there are still problems getting covers, it is hopefully easier to nail ot down than with that "grown mixed" catalog. Sorry for the trouble you have.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: MyFilms and Cover Art

The IMDB grabber you attached throws an error. Try with these

Hi,
    Thanks for these but still wont work. I even restored an image of my PC toa date prior to MyFilms and AMC install and then re-installed them both, loaded up my xml databse and tried with the grabbers you posted using default settings on MyFilms config.

I just selected to Update Record for all records populating empty fields only (so that should populate cover art ,yes?).
    [...]
    On opening AMC and loading up the database there is no sign of any cover art!! Nothing has been downloaded.

Any ideas.?
    In your case, there is already cover data in your DB - and iirc, AMCupdater does not check for physical existance - so to update choose picture in DB fields and no option or "only update with non-empty data" - that should update existing records with new covers.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MyFilms and Cover Art

Guzzi
    latest SVN with IMDB.de-OFDB.de was used. IMDB number stuff worked fine while normal import but NOT when i start a manual update.

Jono25

Portal Member
    August 2, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Re: MyFilms and Cover Art

The IMDB grabber you attached throws an error. Try with these

Hi,
    Thanks for these but still wont work. I even restored an image of my PC to a date prior to MyFilms and AMC install and then re-installed them both, loaded up my xml database and tried with the grabbers you posted using default settings on MyFilms config.

I just selected to Update Record for all records populating empty fields only (so that should populate cover art ,yes?).
    [...]
    On opening AMC and loading up the database there is no sign of any cover art!! Nothing has been downloaded.

Any ideas.?
    In your case, there is already cover data in your DB - and iirc, AMCupdater does not check for physical existance - so to update choose picture in DB fields and no option or "only update with non-empty data" - that should update existing records with new covers.

Hi Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work.

Here is a section from the AMCUpdater log. Running as you described -choosing picture to update returns the following using TMBD.xml

" 30/11/2011 14:28:12 - ===================================================================================================
    30/11/2011 14:28:24 - Backing up xml file.
    30/11/2011 14:28:24 - Backing up xml file - done.
    30/11/2011 14:28:24 - Performing Manual Update Process
    30/11/2011 14:28:33 - File Scanned for Data : 1 | 28 Weeks Later | 28 Weeks Later - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:28:36 - File Scanned for Data : 2 | A Shot in the Dark | A Shot in the Dark - Movie found by year hint (1964) and name match (A Shot in the Dark(1964)) with FuzziDistance = '0' and Optionsfilter 'on'., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:28:50 - File Scanned for Data : 3 | American Gangster | American Gangster - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:28:58 - File Scanned for Data : 4 | Annie Hall | Annie Hall - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:01 - ERROR : Error importing : Matching the movie was successful, but grabber failed getting movie details data (title), TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks
    30/11/2011 14:29:03 - File Scanned for Data : 6 | Apocalypse Now | Apocalypse Now - Movie found by year hint (1979) and name match (Apocalypse Now(1979)) with FuzziDistance = '0' and Optionsfilter 'on'., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:08 - File Scanned for Data : 7 | Below | Below - Movie found by year hint (2002) and name match (Below(2002)) with FuzziDistance = '0' and Optionsfilter 'on'., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:08 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 8 | Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice
    30/11/2011 14:29:10 - File Scanned for Data : 8 | Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice | Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Checked, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Description, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:16 - File Scanned for Data : 9 | Calamity Jane | Calamity Jane - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Director, Actors, Description, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:22 - File Scanned for Data : 10 | Cape Fear | Cape Fear - Movie found by year hint (1991) and name match (Cape Fear(1991)) with FuzziDistance = '0' and Optionsfilter 'on'., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:27 - File Scanned for Data : 11 | Captivity | Captivity - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Languages, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Description, Certification, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:31 - File Scanned for Data : 12 | Catch 22 | Catch-22 - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Writer, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:36 - File Scanned for Data : 13 | Cold Mountain | Cold Mountain - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:38 - File Scanned for Data : 14 | Darkness Falls | Darkness Falls - Movie found by year hint (2003) and name match (Darkness Falls(2003)) with FuzziDistance = '0' and Optionsfilter 'on'., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:43 - File Scanned for Data : 15 | Deathwatch | Deathwatch - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Writer, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:49 - File Scanned for Data : 16 | Deliverance | Deliverance - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:29:56 - File Scanned for Data : 17 | The Motorcycle Diaries | The Motorcycle Diaries - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, TranslatedTitle, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:30:03 - File Scanned for Data : 18 | Dolores Claiborne | Dolores Claiborne - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:30:04 - Halting Operation by user request - Please Wait.
    30/11/2011 14:30:10 - File Scanned for Data : 19 | Donnie Darko | Donnie Darko - Movie found by 'single result' automatch., OriginalTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, Framerate, Size, Disks, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Producer, Actors, Description, Certification, Writer, Tagline, Fanart
    30/11/2011 14:30:11 - Operation Cancelled - Save Continuing
    30/11/2011 14:30:12 - Manual Update Process Complete.
    30/11/2011 14:30:12 - ===================================================================================================

No mention anywhere of updating the picture. I tried using the same settings but to update only empty fields-same result no mention of picture anywhere in the logs.

Whatever I do it just wont grab or update the picture file. Everything else is OK .

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Hi Jono25,
    I finally found the reason and you're right, indeed there is some problems in the updater for pictures/covers - it needs to be fixed and I am working on it.
    Sorry for the trouble you have. You might want to do another test updating your catalog without a prefix for the covers - or wait until it is fixed. I could send you a test version, if you want. I added that problem to the issue tracker.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Guzzi,
    I want to use myfilms. But when I try to update my covers/ pictures I get the same error message as described in post #18. How can I manage to name the covers without the prefix? Can you send me the test version too?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Hi Guzzi,
    I want to use myfilms. But when I try to update my covers/ pictures I get the same error message as described in post #18. How can I manage to name the covers without the prefix? Can you send me the test version too?
    Sent you PM,
    Guzzi

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Guzzi,
    update of pictures/ covers is not working with the test version. Where do I find the logs you need?

olli14

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Hi Guzzi,
    update of pictures/ covers is not working with the test version. Where do I find the logs you need?

olli14
    See in wiki here or 1st post here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom