MyFilms and MP 1.2.x (1 Viewer)

CathodeRay

Portal Member
August 2, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guzzi

It is solved and My Films works fine and very good it is too.

But...

Ever since it started working, MP had to wait for the TV Server to start on startup. The reason appears to be because the MySQL service has become very slooooow to start (both the MySQL and TV Server services are set to automatic, and as the MySQL service isn't running when the TV Server service tries to start, it fails - all this confirmed in the event viewer error entries). MP starts most of the time but takes ages...

I've removed and reinstalled MySQL, gone back and forth between restore points and it stays the same. I realise this (MySQL being slow to start) is happening at boot time, before going anywhere near MP itself but do you have any ideas as to why the MySQL start up behaviour has changed?

CathodeRay

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    If you don't use TVserver, simply remove the TVplugin - then MP won't try to connect to TVserver on startup at all.
    If you want to fix the DB problems, I'd reinstall the TVserver to make sure, it is working as intended - debugging such problems is possible, you can even set sequences and dependencies in the services - but that should normall ynot be necessary, unless you have anything changed from the defaults.

CathodeRay

Portal Member
    August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Guzzi

I use the TV plugin a lot (main way of watching live TV). Once it's started, it's usually fine, the delay has its roots in the MySQL service being slow to start, so not TV Server start, which then has to start from scratch when MP starts. It used to be fine, this problem only appeared after installing My Films, so I couldn't help wondering if it was connected. It may be that the tweaking I did in the early stages of trying to fix My Films caused the problem. But then again, I re-installed the MySQL service (from scratch, using the MP deploy tool - it detected the only bit missing was MySQL so it only reinstalled that).

CathodeRay

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi - MyFilms does not touch that area at all - it must be related to other changes you did

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom