mattroby

Portal Pro
June 3, 2006
Florida
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey Guzzi

MAIN QUESTIONS:
Where does #myfilms.groupcoverimage pull the images from on the local drive? I think it's under the *thumbs\MyFilms\ directory.

Also, does the skin require jpg image for the genre poster or can I use png? (I am using the most recent version of StreamedMP and am looking at the MyFilmsListLayout.xml

BACKGROUND:
In the MyFilms config, I filter Categories by List view and use that as the default screen when I go into MyFilms.

I have my own category, or genre images, and would like to display each as I scroll down.

For those categories that don't already have a poster by default, it displays my new poster.
However, for the categories that already have a poster, i.e. action, the original poster shows up.

Thinking it was just stored in the cache, I did the following:

1. search by file name (action.jpg)
2. deleted the existing images
3. replaced them with my own images titled the same way (action.jpg) in the same directory, and
4. cleared the cache.

However, when I go back in to MP and MyFilms, the original posters for those categories still show up.

Is there another place where the posters are stored? Or does MyFilms have its own cache that needs to be cleared?

I didn't attach a log or anything, cause it's not a problem. But if you need a log/skin files, I can certainly add them.

Thanks for your help.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: #myfilms.groupcoverimage

Hi mattroby,

Hey Guzzi

MAIN QUESTIONS:
    Where does #myfilms.groupcoverimage pull the images from on the local drive? I think it's under the *thumbs\MyFilms\ directory.
    It is configurable and setting can be found on artwork tab, "Thumbs for Group Views", Group Views Pictures Path.
    If you used the setup wizard, it is set to ....\thumbs\MyFilms\GroupViewImages.

You can set the path to any other location you want - for configs with central DB and multi user config for example usually have all those pathes set to a network location - thus only one location is required to ever update for multiple clients.

See also wiki page "Group Views and Images".

Also, does the skin require jpg image for the genre poster or can I use png? (I am using the most recent version of StreamedMP and am looking at the MyFilmsListLayout.xml
    You can use both jpg and png

BACKGROUND:
    In the MyFilms config, I filter Categories by List view and use that as the default screen when I go into MyFilms.

I have my own category, or genre images, and would like to display each as I scroll down.

For those categories that don't already have a poster by default, it displays my new poster.
    However, for the categories that already have a poster, i.e. action, the original poster shows up.

Thinking it was just stored in the cache, I did the following:

1. search by file name (action.jpg)
    2. deleted the existing images
    3. replaced them with my own images titled the same way (action.jpg) in the same directory, and
    4. cleared the cache.

However, when I go back in to MP and MyFilms, the original posters for those categories still show up.

Is there another place where the posters are stored? Or does MyFilms have its own cache that needs to be cleared?
    Yes, MyFilms uses it's own thumb caching for performance reasons - the cached images e.g. for category are stored in ...\Thumbs\MyFilms\Thumbs\MyFilms_Groups\category\ (just for info, you don't need to do anything there).

You can delete/reset the cache in the same place in setup where you configure the path (see above) by pressing the button "Reset Thumbs".
    This will delete the cached thumbs and MyFilms will recreate them next time you start that view.
    You can add your custom thumbs to any other views, like year, country, etc. the same way.

As you noticed, clearing the cache is only required, if you REPLACE existing images with new ones - so if you once remove all existing and clear the cache, you can add your own images step by step without requiring "Reset Thumbs" each time. Newly added images will be cached as soon as they are added on first use.

I didn't attach a log or anything, cause it's not a problem. But if you need a log/skin files, I can certainly add them.

Thanks for your help.
    No, don't need logs/config unless it is not working as expected ;-)

Looking into setup I admit, it is not very clear - as tooltip says "remove all generated thumbs" - so users might be scared, their original images to be removed. I have updated the tooltip for better understanding for next release.

Guzzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom