MyFilms New version v3.1 (1 Viewer)

Sasler

Portal Pro
October 19, 2006
Hi,
I'm sorry but i don't speak English very well.:sorry:
I Have a problem with MyFilms 3.1 and MP 0.2.2.0 (NO SVN - and I haven't copy the dll MesFilms.dll_SVN in the plugin directory)
When I start MyFilms on MP i found this message:

"INVALID CHARACTER IN THE XML FILE AFTER ENREG: 59
VERIFY THE FEW NEXT ENREGS WITH ANT MOVIE CATALOGUE."

Why?? :confused:
Thanks for your help.

massimo

Hi,

Check inside ant movie catalog, after movie number 59 for some invalid charachters in title or other locals. I had this issue last time and i found that the movie 72 meters (russian movie) had some russian characters on the title, so i just removed that letters and it worked. :)

hope it helps...

i delete my films n.61 (n.60 not exist) from my database and now i found this message:

"INVALID CHARACTER IN THE XML FILE AFTER ENREG: 58
VERIFY THE FEW NEXT ENREGS WITH ANT MOVIE CATALOGUE"

I'm very confused now:confused: , why after n.58 now????
Originally the problem was after n.59.

massimo

I had the same error and after looking at XML file I noticed a following field in the offending n.:

Date="21.02.2007"

I just deleted it and now it works fine :)

fredriksk

Portal Member
February 18, 2007
yes I did. And I removed the original MesFilms.dll from plugins folder. Still the same message on the first frontend in all themes.

OK. My misstake. I left the original dll file in the mediaportal folder by misstake. When I removed it the text about invalid/missing myhome template dissapeard. Sorry for taking up your time and effort on this..

:oops:

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I want to use the MyFilms Plugin with the DVD Profiler Database.
    How could i realize this?

I have exportet an XML File from DVD Profiler.
    But when i use this, the MyFilms Plugin says "There no DVD to Display" or similar....

Please Help....

Quirck

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MyFilms & eXtreme Movie Manager

Hi,

I've read that a plugin was under development where it was possible to import movies from eXtreme Movie Manager (EMM) into Media Portal.

I also notice that the MyFilms plugin works with an "xml database".

As EMM does not support export to xml, and the import plugin is discontinued, we will need something else to get the movies from the EMM Database into Media Portal.

Working with an export to xml is just one step too much, because everytime you add a new movie or change one into the EMM database, you have to export the database again.

Isn't it much easier to get the MyFilms plugin to read the EMM database directly, instead of xml.

Is it possible to get the sourcecode somewhere, so interested people can take a look at the code and use al the great stuff the MyFilms plugin already has, but change de xml database into the EMM database ?

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom