Need help for understanding the videoOSD.xml (Submenus) (1 Viewer)

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I want to make some custom modifications to the video-OSD (Titan-Skin). I managed to move or to disable some of the existing items and to add new ones. But I just can't understand how the audio and subtitle submenus are called.
As far as I get it the responsible checkbutton controls are id's 218 (subtitle) and 221 (audio), but there are no variables set by them, nor any conditional visibilites in the other controls (to be even more confusing visibility is set to "no"). To be honest I can't see ANY connection between the checkbuttons and the corresponding other controls

It seems to work, but I have absolutely no clue how. Could someone please shed some light on the mechanics behind this?

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm aware that seperate files are imported, but this doesn't specify when the controls (which are specified as <visible>no</visible>) are visible (or does it? In that case how?!)

Let me put what bugs me in explicit questions:
- what happens exactly when the checkbuttons 218 and 221 are activated?
- how does the control (like the label, ID 550 in 'videoOSD.AudioMenu.xml for instance') 'know' that the checkbuttons are pressed?
- how can a control have different visibility-states when it's defined as '<visible>no</visible>' ?

When I look at these controls there is nothing that I can associate with any kind of "switching on" or off.

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
hmm, I didn't think of that. Takes away the flexibility of a skin to make things a little different.
I guess I have to look for alternative ways. Thanks for the input, Edalex.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The controls like id 550 are hardcoded unfortunately this is quite a wide spread problem in the current skin engine, if you don't want them visible just render them offscreen.

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wizard123 That's it! Thank you.

I completely ignored animations. Works perfectly.
    Btw, it wasn't the label I wanted gone, it was the three buttons (info, subtitle, audio) because I needed the space for other controls. I hid them via conditional visibility, but after I closed the submenu I was unable to set the focus to anything. With animations this problem does not occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom