vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi everyone,
    Recently, i decided to take the plunge and try out Media Portal one more time, in an effort to ditch MCE.
    This is my second attempt to do so, but i keep running into problems..
    Can anyone here honestly claim to have a reliable working MP setup using TVEngine3 ?
    Is anyone here actually streaming Live TV to client PC's reliably and effectively ?

I'm at a loss because it just doesn't want to work properly. I can get it all setup, but i get constant lock-ups and other annoying things that put me right off...

Anyone have any idea when the stable release could be out ?

:-(

reverson1

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2006
    Williamsburg,VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    While I can't attest to someone else having it running like you want. But tv engine3 is beta and should be treated as such.

Post some info about your system specs and maybe someone could help. I see you have one system listed in your sig is that one of them? provide more info and you'll get more help.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the reply reverson1,
    i understand all that, but i am wondering if anyone here is actually using it in a somewhat stable and reliable manner, so i can gauge whether i am doing something wrong or not.

My server specs :
    Vista Ultimate
    Athlon 3700+ S939
    1 Gig DDR 400
    1 x 2.4TB Raid 5 SATA array
    1 x 1.8TB Raid 5 SATA array
    Ati x300 PCIe
    Foxconn NF4K8AC-8EKRS mainboard

thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have it working on two pcs fine, but in single seat mode.

From what I gather, single seat works well, multiple seat still is a work in progress.
    Already this is further along than MCE as far as I know though.

Then again, I had no issues with recent versions of TV engine v2.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have been using it for a couple of weeks now in single seat mode. One or two minor problems but generally working fine... Rather pleased with the way it works. Tend not to watch much "live" tv though so can't really comment on that. It did take me fair while when I first started using mp to get a stable system (mainly because I'm using multiple DVB-T cards I think), but once I'd sorted that out things have been fine. I've been using mp as my main media PC for about 6 months now...

Andy

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I to have a working singal-seat setup and a reasonable network client. I'm my own worst enemy! I keep updating to obtain those juicy new features and bug fixes so stability varies from one day to the next. My wife is used to it now; She understands that it is in beta and that it will keep getting better as it has been. :)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    mine seems to be working okay but i haven't full started to use it prime time yet as i need a tv still to connect to it, it seems to be working quite well in multi seat with the exception of going from channels from mpeg audio to ac3 and vice a versa. other than that its actually working quite nicely

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for all the replies guys...
    Just as i thought.. Single seat seems ok, but multiple seats not so good..

I guess i will have to wait until stable release is out before i get rid of MCE for good..
    I am so sick of MCE.. having to tweak and hack everyting just to get it to do what you want it to.
    I'm not swithching to MP yet.. i have 3 PC's to do which is a big job, so i will do it when it is stable so i only have to do it once..

Anyone have a rough idea when it *could* be released ?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom