[New Plugin] Flash Games 1.0.0.7 (1 Viewer)

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
January 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm assuming now that the problem is because I am referencing a site that only contains a game and not a set of categories followed by a list of games. I think that is breaking your category and game lists.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes that's right and I hadn't considered it to be used that way. I have made far more simple by including a folder that just needs an address. Plus my URL handling was only designed for web addresses , there maybe a way to do it as it is, but wouldn't be straight forward.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I look forward to seeing your new code. This plugin is a great addition to MP for kids (and adults). :)

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I've installed the update. This is great! You have provided a way to load both local games and web based games. Thank you for that. I will do some testing as soon as I can and report back here. I do have one question: How do you exit Fullscreen mode?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should be right click or esc from memory

Edit: no not esc as this is used in some games so couldn't add the function to it.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Everything seems to work well. I've tried it with both locally stored SWF files and also with file shares. It's a good effective solution.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Everything seems to work well. I've tried it with both locally stored SWF files and also with file shares. It's a good effective solution.

I was thinking maybe not loading websites on entry, but by button click like the games folder? As the games on websites contain links to the web, which when clicked will open up a default webBrowser. Maybe not the greatest thing for your use? Also not sure how a touch screen will be able to make use of right click to exit full screen?

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I think button click would be fine for entry. Let the user select what they want.

The embedded links that are contained in the web site games was one of the reasons why I wanted to select local files. When serving this up to children, I wanted to control what they have access to. This gives them something to play without the risk of them getting into something they shouldn't have access to.

It is possible to do right-click on a touchscreen (by holding your finger down for a second or two), but that's probably not the best solution for kids. I'm not sure what would be best in full screen mode. Maybe a small toolbar at the top or bottom with an Exit button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom