[New Plugin] MPRemote S - iPhone Remote Control Plugin (2 Viewers)

babyschuh

Portal Member
October 12, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
MPRemoteServerInstaller.mpe1 installer, it does not know what to associate it with... Any idea?

Hmmm. just an Idea: .mpe1 might mean MediaPortalExtension_version1.
I think Mediaportal2 Extensions might use .mpe2. This is how I would do it to enable MP1 and MP2 being used on a single computer. Doing this you can call the correct Installer for MP1 or MP2. Then it depends on the extension which installer is called. Try renaming it to mpe2 to make sure. Maybe it works. If not - copy the dll as Chris said. :)

regards
babyschuh

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So could this app require updates when things in MP change between versions? Does it work with 1.5? I'm not totally comfortable with the fact it's a paid for app, but hey ho like you say you don't force people to buy it.

My concern is that like you stress, you are doing this in your spare time - doesn't fill me with confidence that the app will always be supported in the future.

babyschuh

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does it work with 1.5?

Yes, it does right now. I use it with MP1.5

And as I said before: Right now it is a very nice Toy with some really good Ideas, but for me it has to grow a bit more mature to be a honest replacement for a IR-Remote. Maybe with the upcoming release, when we get ArtWork in the touch-Area and a Navigation-Cross.
    Right Cris? ;)

kind regards
    babyschuh

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @babyschuh - yes lets see.. we work on it but at the moment its not possible to release something. Life has shown its bad side to me the last weeks.

@TheBatfink - Show me a company that can life from 0,00€ - 0,60€ per day and I will hire a full time company to develop the remote ;)

Peterpack

Portal Member
    April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    i bought the app today and got it up and running

i like it ! works well. Probably easier to use on an ipad than an iphone.

I can't believe people are bitchin about paying 2 bucks !

Well worth it

I would like to see a few customisable buttons and the ability to remove/add buttons from the display remote. E.g. i don't use mediaportal for watching TV so don't need the ch up and down buttons

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Peterpack,

thank you for your feedback and your support :) we love to see positive reviews in the app store, as hardly anyone rates the app.
    I was offline for some days as I moved to a new appartement this week and had no internet.
    The development goes further now (y)

To all TV users:
    I have figured out a way how to stream tv to the app, so you could watch TV on your iPhone by wireless LAN. Unfortunately the I would have to license a programming library that is about 250€. Is there generally an interest in streaming TV to the app?

Chris

Peterpack

Portal Member
    April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    I have no interest in watching tv on my iphone but would love to be able to access my mediaportal video library on my iphone. Even better if you could stream it via the internet rather than just wireless lan. Imagine being able to access your video library when on holiday :)

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Peterpack,

thank for your feedback. I think there is no interest in streaming TV in general. Streaming videos would be interesting for me too but would be the same technology as streaming LIVE TV. So I need that library o_O Hm lets see how it develops in the future with the remote.

DizzieNL

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Hi ElSanto,

i tried MPRemote S on my HTPC system in the living room. It worked good, but I don't use it very often because it can't replace my normal remote.

Now i have a second machine, also running MediaPortal without a remote. So: good to try MPRemote S again. But whatever I try, I cannot seem to get it working. The app on my iPhone is just not finding the MediaPortal sever. I checked the following: the plugin is active. I disabled windows firewall to be sure it's not blocking things. I tried to manually give the ip-adress in the app... al no succes.
    Could you give me a clue where to look?

Thanks in advance.

Ok i'm sorry, forget what I said. I had a complete brainfart. It is just working as expected :).

Greetz. DizzieNL

Last edited:

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Hi, Firstly, I wanted to say thanks for the app. It works great so far.

Unfortunately, since installing the plugin, I have noticed that when the HTPC wakes up from being asleep, it has an error in MP and has to close. Has anyone else experienced that after installing the plugin for the remote?

My PC has wake on LAN disabled in Windows/BIOS. I can't see a setting in the plugin to disable this feature? I wonder if it is related?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom