Newbie needing some help with HDHomerun Extend and scanning (2 Viewers)

vbtalent

Portal Member
March 14, 2010
Sorry I missed the screenshot request....

I just want to give you a little more background on the tuner. I've since swapped the unit out since it was an "open" box, it was bugging me that it might be the issue. I now have an HDHomerun "connect" but am experiencing similar issues and no tuning option. The logs that were attached were from the "new" tuner.

Let me know if you need additional screenshots.

I hope this helps you help me... ;-)

Attachments

• SNAG-0001.jpg
    SNAG-0001.jpg
    60.6 KB
  • SNAG-0002.jpg
    SNAG-0002.jpg
    99.5 KB
  • SNAG-0005.jpg
    SNAG-0005.jpg
    67.8 KB
  • SNAG-0006.jpg
    SNAG-0006.jpg
    66.2 KB
  • SNAG-0007.jpg
    SNAG-0007.jpg
    70.1 KB
  • SNAG-0008.jpg
    SNAG-0008.jpg
    45.3 KB
  • SNAG-0009.jpg
    SNAG-0009.jpg
    86.1 KB
  • SNAG-0010.jpg
    SNAG-0010.jpg
    70 KB
  • SNAG-0011.jpg
    SNAG-0011.jpg
    85.1 KB
  • SNAG-0012.jpg
    SNAG-0012.jpg
    163.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry I missed the screenshot request....
    No worries, it happens. :)

I just want to give you a little more background on the tuner. I've since swapped the unit out since it was an "open" box, it was bugging me that it might be the issue. I now have an HDHomerun "connect" but am experiencing similar issues and no tuning option. The logs that were attached were from the "new" tuner.
    So to be clear: is 1042B92B the new one (connect) or the old one (extend)?

There's nothing in the screenshots that stands out. The only thing that might help is the "repair/reinstall Windows components" function in the advanced tab in HDHR Setup. If that doesn't help, we're going to have to take this to Silicondust support.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So, is that MP is going to take it SiliconDust for support or I am??
    You, I, or both of us together. Whatever works for you.
    I prefer both of us together contacting SD via IRC. That way we can test things on the fly and I can provide any technical information that Silicondust need.

Note I'm based in New Zealand where it is almost midnight now, so I'm going to bed soonish. However I'm available through most of the day tomorrow...

Before we do anything further though, please test the previously mentioned "repair" function (then reboot) and see if it helps.

vbtalent

Portal Member
    March 14, 2010
    Together would be fine and preferable to have some assistance from MP on hand.

I'm East Coast US, currently its 2pm.

If you can give me some info on IRC I should be able to make that work.

No change from the "repair" function... MP still doesn't recognize the tuners

vbtalent

Portal Member
    March 14, 2010
    For kicks I decided to try another PC today and low and behold the Tuning Mode is different... (see attached).

I think this resolves 2 issues.

1) the HDHomwrun seems to be working correctly
    2) Media portal is also working but may have a setup issue or firewall problem?

I noticed on the MP installation on the new PC that I was prompted for a firewall rules change which I don't recall on the the original PC so I'm thinking the problem somehow lies with that.

Any ideas or manual entry's that I could try for the forewall, etc.?

VB,

Attachments

• SNAG-0014.jpg
      SNAG-0014.jpg
      103.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Together would be fine and preferable to have some assistance from MP on hand.
    Okay.

I'm East Coast US, currently its 2pm.
    It's now just past 10 AM here in NZ. As I said, I'll be available most of the day. Let me know when you come online and we can get this done.

If you can give me some info on IRC I should be able to make that work.
    IRC is internet relay chat. It's simply a way to live-chat via the internet... like MSN, or Skype (except more limited) etc.
    Silicondust have a "channel" (chatroom) where they provide support.
    http://www.silicondust.com/support/irc/

Click on the first link, enter a nickname (ie. vbtalent or something), fill in the captcha to verify you're a human, then click connect. Really easy. :)

No change from the "repair" function... MP still doesn't recognize the tuners
    Okay.

For kicks I decided to try another PC today and low and behold the Tuning Mode is different... (see attached).
    That's more like what I'd expect.

1) the HDHomwrun seems to be working correctly
    Agreed. The hardware is fine. The Silicondust software installation on the other PC may be a problem.

2) Media portal is also working but may have a setup issue or firewall problem?
    I think it's unlikely to be a MediaPortal setup issue. There simply isn't anything in MP configuration or setup that could cause an issue like this.
    You said you tested with the firewall completely disabled, so doesn't that rule that out too?

I noticed on the MP installation on the new PC that I was prompted for a firewall rules change which I don't recall on the the original PC so I'm thinking the problem somehow lies with that.
    As above: if the tuner can't be detected with the firewall completely disabled (ie. disable firewall, restart the TV service [TV Server config -> manual control -> stop service, then start service], check the tuner list again) then I don't see how the problem could lie there.

Regards,
    mm

vbtalent

Portal Member
    March 14, 2010
    I have the firewall off on this box and did a reboot but still the same "Service" in the drop down box, its like the OS is thinks its from the Netherlands?

This PC doesn't have the video hardware it needs to display a picture so I can't test the HDHR software on it but the problem seems to be a communication issue between the PC and the HDHR box but yet the configuration / setup appears fine.

I'm game for IRC and can be on tonight if needed.

Does MP utilize settings for the browser? maybe its a browser setting?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    its like the OS is thinks its from the Netherlands?
    No, it's not that.
    The screen you're looking at there is the scanning screen for the IPTV tuner (ie. completely unrelated to your HDHR). The list of services you're seeing is the list of IPTV services that MP users have contributed. The fact that there aren't any services from the US is somewhat beside the point, because your HDHR is not an IPTV service.

I'm game for IRC and can be on tonight if needed.
    Google tells me it is about 8:45 PM where you are, so I guess you mean now. I can do now if you're ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom