No free Tuner error (1 Viewer)

Pseudomax

Portal Member
January 11, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

Newbie here ...

I have been trying to work out this problem and have read as meany threads (on and off this site) as I can but I can't find an answer!

I have an HTPC with A10 5800k processor, 8gb RAM 1.5TB disc, Quad TBS6985 tuner (I can offer more detail if relevant, but I don't think it is ..).

My problem is that for some reason MP will only ever use 1 of the tuners. I have mapped all the channels to all the cards. I have prioritized the cards. I have delayed using the card (to give it time to be initialized (forgive the terminology). When I test the channels all the cards seem to be used (although not certain but the window shows them all seemingly getting input from different channels.

I can watch TV but the moment I record a channel when I try to switch to a different channel MP freezes or tells me that there are "No available tuners". If I leave that channel recording and then look at TV Server ... I can go to the "Test Channels" tab and I can see BBC2 recording and all the other cards being "idle". However when I start testing channels I get all of them being ignored and the cards remain idle. If I go to the channels tab then when I try to preview any of the channels I get error "alltuners used" (or something to that effect). I have checked and all the tuners are connected to the same quad LNB on the satellite dish. There are no unmapped channels for any of the cards (A/B/C/D cards). They have all been scanned (albeit that I had to map a few channels found on 1 scan to all the cards where they were not found the first time). The satellites being scanned are ASTRA 19 degrees, 28 degrees.

Please let me know what is wrong as I have spent most evenings over the last week trying to resolve all these problems ... yes a real newbie learning ..

Thanks in advance ...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Graham :)

Please let me know what is wrong as I have spent most evenings over the last week trying to resolve all these problems ... yes a real newbie learning ..
    Don't hesitate to ask for help.
    We don't want people using all their free time and getting stuck and frustrated with problems that could be resolved quickly if they had asked for help.

With that said, the problem for you is that you've added all your tuners to a hybrid card group. That configuration tells TV Server that it can only use one of the tuners at any given time (hence your experience), which is incorrect for a TBS 6985. Please delete the hybrid card group and the problem should resolve itself after restarting the TV service.

Regards,
    mm

Pseudomax

Portal Member
    January 11, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for this ... I'll try now!![DOUBLEPOST=1421013366][/DOUBLEPOST]mm1352000, many thank ... all sorted!! really appreciated!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom