no free TV card, problems with TV service (1 Viewer)

Everex

Portal Member
December 13, 2011
Hello,

i have a windows 7 sp1 running with media portal 1.8.0.0. my pc is server and client. i have no problems in the first months of usage.
then problems began: sometimes i have the problem that the tvservice.exe doesn't start. when i click on tv in media portal (tv on, german TV Ein), i get a screen where i have to enter hostname of server and so on. in this case i started the tv server configuration. it recognizes that tvservice.exe is not running and starts it. then the problem is solved. i added the tvservice.exe to the autostart folder of windows, so the problems gets rare.

since 2 weeks i have a big problem... when i want to start tv and choose a channel, i get the message no free tv card. i cannot record a channel. so i wanted to check if windows media center can show me a tv channel, but i get a fault when starting it: the software cannot be startet because a group rule (german: gruppenrichtlinie) was set to 0 ( registry: local system-software-policies-media center) and denies starting media center. i changed the dword string to 1 and the media center starts correctly and i can watch tv with it.
media portal shows the error message no free tv card again when i try to watch tv with it after solving the media center problem. i thought it has something to do with my media portal problems.
so i wanted to disable and enable the media center in the tv server configuration, because i read this in a forum for this fault. i get the following error, when i want to start the tv server configuration with the desktop icon (see attached picture).

Fehlermeldung Media Portal.jpg

i tried to disable and enable the tv card in (german Systemsteuerung), but no solution, restart of the computer, no help. i attached the log files, where i reproduced the error with "no free tv card".
i don't know how to get a log file, when i try to start the tv configuration. propably somebody can tell me how it works. sorry for my bad english. ask me if anything is not clear.
german words: i don't know the correct terms for english systems. i hope you understand what i mean.
i also tried to deinstall media portal and install it again. i think you can see this in the log files. i attached the zip archive. i don't know which files are important.

thank you in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The problem is here:
    [2014-09-26 20:32:47,172] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at Master-PC2
    [2014-09-26 20:32:47,172] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.100
    [2014-09-26 20:32:47,172] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.56.1
    [2014-09-26 20:32:47,209] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    [2014-09-26 20:32:47,218] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: DeInit.
    [2014-09-26 20:32:47,221] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - TvController: Deinit failed - Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

This means that the TV service has not started successfully.
    Same problem and same solution as here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-server-not-found-cannot-connect-help.127673/

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom