No more visualizations?!?! (1 Viewer)

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
Am I the only one upset about the removal of visualizations from MP? Who is this plugin author that is no longer allowing MP to redistribute his code? I'd like to drop him a line. Why the change of heart? Does he think he's going to be able to monetize it? I'd never pay for it, but I did really enjoy the free, built in ability of MP to play WinAmp visualizations.

Is there any way at all to get visualizations back into MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Am I the only one upset about the removal of visualizations from MP?
    No, certainly not according to the poll in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dropping-music-visualisation-for-mediaportal-1-11.129162/

Who is this plugin author that is no longer allowing MP to redistribute his code? I'd like to drop him a line.
    I think the team have chosen not to share this information out of respect for the plugin author's privacy.

Why the change of heart? Does he think he's going to be able to monetize it?
    Sorry, we're not able to answer this. All I can say is that we have done what we've done because the plugin author asked us to do it. I know this is probably a frustrating response because it doesn't give you any additional information. However, we don't want to assign blame or try to convince parties to change their minds. Again, the author made a decision; we as Team MediaPortal have accepted the decision and are moving on.

I'd never pay for it, but I did really enjoy the free, built in ability of MP to play WinAmp visualizations.
    My suggestion is to follow the thread linked above. You can read that hwahrmann has been actively looking into alternative ways to add visualisation support. If you're a software developer I'd encourage you to contact him and see if you can offer assistance. Otherwise, any further updates will certainly be posted there.

Thanks for your understanding. :)
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom