No Movies playing / Video and Live TV unstoppable (but worked til now) (1 Viewer)

BlechMann

Portal Member
June 30, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!

Specs:
Media Portal 1.3.0 incl. TV Server
Windows 7 HP

I ve encountered some serious Problems using Media Portal 1.3.0.
Everything worked for a year now. Some days ago I updated LAV Filters and installed MPExtended Service for using aMPed on my Android Tab. After installing Extrended everything worked as it should.
But now after instaling Updates to LAV Filters, Moving Pictures and MyTVseries something stopped working :p

The Probs:
1. Watching LiveTV still works fine. But at stopping TV by remote as always MP askes me to clear Timeshift Buffer as always and then nothing happens. TV plays on. In Order to stop it i have to kill MP by Task Manager.
2. Using Moving Pictures works as it always done. But now: Starting playback just darkens out background and nothing happens.
3. Watching my private Videos works and start playback. But they are even unstoppable before they are completely played (just as Live TV). Stoppable only by killing MP.

I think I tried everything to fight this, but came to no conclusion:
1. deinstalled Extended: nothing better
2. restartet TVservice: nothing better
3. deinstalled and reinstalled LAV Filters: nothing better

Then I found Errors in error.log telling somthing about Video Handlers and BD
So I turned of BD Plugin. But it didnt help.

Ill attach error Log an hope for some solution. :p

EDIT:
Tryed Debug Mode - and there it is... everything working fine as it should in Debug Mode. So I think its an Plugin causing the Problems :(
I attached all gathered Logs now and still hope for solution :((

Thx so far!!

Andreas P.

Last edited:

BlechMann

Portal Member
June 30, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi and Thx for replying that fast!

Here are the gathered Logs by WatchDog with option3. For option2 I have to wait until tomorrow. My time is expiring for now :p
I think it may be the moving pictures Plugin too, cause it was updated before it began this confusing behavior. Maybe I'll try downgrading it again if I can find the last version I used successfully again. Or is it better to try MP 1.6 in ur opinion?! I think there will be less usable PlugIns and I still need at least TV, Movies, TV Series and at best there would be BD Play by PowerDVD and Steam Plugin. That all ran really good in 1.3.0

EDIT: Uargh! I cant Upload the Logs ZIP - always says 100% but wont show up here. Maybe it is too big (12,5mb) ?!

EDIT2: So. Ive uncompressed and recompressed the Log File into some more Archives. Worked better this way. Sry!

Thank you!

Attachments

• tvserver_TsWriter-2013-06-04.rar
    2.8 MB
Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and Thx for replying that fast!
    No problem. :)

I think it may be the moving pictures Plugin too, cause it was updated before it began this confusing behavior. Maybe I'll try downgrading it again if I can find the last version I used successfully again. Or is it better to try MP 1.6 in ur opinion?!
    Ahhh, trying to use the latest version of MovingPictures with an old version of MP is probably not always going to work. You might have to upgrade MP (and your other plugins) now.

I think there will be less usable PlugIns and I still need at least TV, Movies, TV Series and at best there would be BD Play by PowerDVD and Steam Plugin. That all ran really good in 1.3.0
    Well, TV is still supported as always.
    I don't know which movie plugin you use, but MovingPictures is compatible, and so is MyTvSeries.
    Don't know about BD Play... but MP natively supports playing bluray now. :)
    As for steam, there was an update quite recently:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-big-picture-mode.114471/page-9#post-1068663

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    You need to downgrade Moving Pictures to 1.5.1 (back screen on play) and MyTVSeries to 3.5.1 (Stop not working). They are listed as compatible with MP 1.3 but they are not and they break MP.

BlechMann

Portal Member
    June 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok Guys thank you!

But for some other reasons (got strange error messages by some other plugins) I decided to upgrade to 1.6 and did fresh installation. Now I have probs tuning my DVB-C in Unitymedia NRW net (Germany). Many Channels are missing and I found no way to get them tuned in (RTL, Pro7, Sat1...). I even cant find some actual XML with definititions.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom