No tuner free / All cards busy (1 Viewer)

karl10247

Portal Pro
November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
All,

Been having a grinding issue for months now and its finally annoyed me enough to post for help.
Im running MP 1.10.0 with a B&G hybrid tuner (dual DVB-S, T and C). I forget which exact model so please excuse me

I only use the DVB-S cards connected up to my dish to receive freesat
The problem appears to be intermittent and when it occurs I can only use one card at a time. E.g. im recording on Challenge TV and cannot watch BBC or channels on another transponder.

This morning I saw the wiki about hybrid cards and added the tuners into separate groups (see attached pic 1 and 2)
I don't care about the DVB-T or DVB-C cards but have grouped them along with a DVB-S card anyway
I have made absolutely sure all channels are mapped to both DVB-S cards

It seems to have made the problem worse and I am getting a constant "All cards busy" in test channels

Logs are attached (the first logs ive ever posted so I hope they are useful)

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    58.1 KB
  • 2.png
    2.png
    32.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

First, thanks for reporting the problem, and for posting log files. We're off to a good start. (y)

This morning I saw the wiki about hybrid cards and added the tuners into separate groups (see attached pic 1 and 2)
    Your configuration there is incorrect.

Hybrid tuners are physical tuners that show up with more than one entry in the tuner list because they have more than one tuning mode. For example, your DVB-T and DVB-C tuners are hybrid. That means you can't tune DVB-T and DVB-C with the same tuner at the same time. Your DVB-S tuners are not hybrid.

Correct configuration would be to remove the 2 DVB-S tuners from the hybrid groups you created.

It seems to have made the problem worse and I am getting a constant "All cards busy" in test channels

Logs are attached (the first logs ive ever posted so I hope they are useful)
    From my perspective "test channels" is not really the best way to reproduce a problem. It ends up filling the log files with "noise", making it harder to identify the problem. It would have been much easier if you could have specified a date and time when you noticed the problem occurring. Nevertheless...

I see literally hundreds if not thousands of "no free card" messages in your log files, just for the last few days. Examining every single example would take a lifetime so I'm not able to do that. What I do notice is that it looks like your recordings on "Challenge" (eg. Takeshi's Castle) are always failing. TV Server will try to start the recording over and over again with both tuners, and that may interrupt live TV if you happen to be attempting to use live TV at the time of the recordings. So, a good step would be to figure out and resolve the reason your tuners don't seem to be able to tune "Challenge".

According to KingOfSat, your tuning details for "Challenge" are incorrect. That's not surprising given that "Challenge" seems to have been moved to a new transponder (frequency) on 25 June:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=516

To fix this problem you should rescan.

Regards,
    mm

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    OK so i cleared my tuner groupings and set it back to normal. I also rescanned all the channels and it seemed to fix the issue!

That was easy! thanks for your help mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom