NOOB Questions on Features (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Umm, a bunch of posts have been edited recently because they contained the name of the software mentioned (and quoted) above in ziphnor's point 3. It would be best if you removed the references voluntarily (if not a mod will probably come along shortly and do it anyway).

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    jawbroken said:
    Umm, a bunch of posts have been edited recently because they contained the name of the software mentioned (and quoted) above in ziphnor's point 3. It would be best if you removed the references voluntarily (if not a mod will probably come along shortly and do it anyway).

What? Are you refering to *** or ***? I know that ** has been purchased by Macrovision Europe , which is therefore now free to disallow people making it available for downloads. However, those of us who already downloaded it prior to this, are free to use it, unless some strange retroactive things are happening which i dont know about.

No matter what, how can the mere mention of the product be problematic? It certainly cant be illegal to point out the existance of a product? Of course the forums owners are free to censor their boards in any way they see fit, just dont expect me to stick around.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you

Good info... good discussion. I am definitely going to give MP a whirl as soon as I get my new PC to work proeprly (not decoding 5.1 properly - loses center channel using any DVD player, nvida, PowrDVD, MP10 - I think my PC has a hardware or firmware problem - or maybe MCE is flawed - not sure).

As far as govenment control or mod censorship - fundamentally so wrong :D

My reason for copying is not for profit or unethical reasons. I am too ADD to sit long enough to watch a whole movie. And when I do find time, I fall asleep... :oops: Then wife return movie - I can't remeber the last time I watch a complete movie.

All I want to be able to do is watch a whole movie that I paid good money to rent. Once that is done, I doubt I'll ever watch it again. Certainly I will not distribute it.

Mash

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Again, PLEASE don't discuss any software in theses forums that are illegal in some countries.

All said, thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom