[TV] North American Closed Captions (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Updated bin to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/795030-post72.html
    Adding an option to not auto load subtitle on TV Start (usefull for some country like here in france :) Thanks Smeulf).
    Adding a better handle when no using CC sub (in one case filter Core CC PArser was added and it shoudn't).

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    1. Open cmd as administrator and ran c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe cccp.ax
    2. replaced configuration.exe and core.dll from the .zip file
    3. Diddn't do anything with TvPlugin.dll (since it is provided by ForTheRecord)
    4. Went into MePo Configuration -> TV -> TV Client -> Subtitles settings -> Enable CC subtitles
    5. TV -> TV Post Processing... enabled Core CC Parser

After that I do see Subtitles in the Context menu while watching TV. Clicking it shows me Subtitles off and CC1. Clicking CC1 gives me nothing extra on the TV screen. I have a feeling I should be asking the ForTheRecord people.
    Hi Seb,

Thanks for your excellent help. Now, I have subtitles.:D

After looking at your graphstudio screenshot, I looked in my TV Codecs and made one slight change.

Under MePo Configuration -> Codec and Renderers -> TV Codecs -> MPEG-2 Video Decoder used to say "MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)". I changed it to now say "Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10)" and I have subtitles now in recorded TV as well as live TV (just like that). :D

I am using SAF v5.0.2 codecs with ForTheRecord for my TV recording needs.

Cheers.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Seb

patch worked great

I used your core cc parser file and was wondering if my cc parser that I had for years is any different? (which I think it is cuz I remembered I had to registered within the wow64 folder for 32 bit and didnt have to this time)

lastly.. I have both dvb subtitle and cc subtitle checked in the config. I guess I only need the cc subtitle checked.

Vff

:D:D

btw: used MS codec

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Vff :)

Happy to know that it works for you too :).
    Yes can only keep CC Subtitle if you didn't use DVB one :)
    About CC Parser, i think it's the same, i take the one from Greybox in first page of this Topic :)

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Seb,

not sure If Im going crazy again, but didn't we copy/backup a few more files then it was in the zip file?

I've just did a clean install and needed to set the CC again and didn't get it to work. (I've registered the cc file and enable it in the config).. normally I would see the subtitle selection in MP (right click) and select CC1 and this was while the TV was playing but now I can't remember if I was do this as well in the Video section (TS file)
    I haven't fully tested it (but will do later tonight) I've only tested it with the TS file which I saved in the Video section.

thanks,
    Vff

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Vff,

Normally all needed files was in zip + core cc parser.
    To get CC, it's only works when using TSReader Filter as source filter, that mean if for example LAV Splitter is in use, we don't get CC Subtitle.
    Normally .ts file is managed to be use with TSReader so it should work, for example on my side, i use LiveTV and recorded TV (TSReader in use) and we can get CC.
    Can you look how is build the graph with Graphstudio and also look (paste) log ?

When you wrote Video section (you talk about MyVideo or Recorded Video from TV side) ?

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Vff,

Normally all needed files was in zip + core cc parser.
    To get CC, it's only works when using TSReader Filter as source filter, that mean if for example LAV Splitter is in use, we don't get CC Subtitle.
    Normally .ts file is managed to be use with TSReader so it should work, for example on my side, i use LiveTV and recorded TV (TSReader in use) and we can get CC.
    Can you look how is build the graph with Graphstudio and also look (paste) log ?

When you wrote Video section (you talk about MyVideo or Recorded Video from TV side) ?

I've recorded from TV and saved it in MyVideo (the file is still .TS).. I've always tested this file for few years now and even last week before the clean install.

I'll test with LiveTV tonight and will report back. (I'll look at the graph as well)

I've just remembered with regards to my comment about more files to backup and copy (it was another patch I had also used) the patch was for fixing the scanning issue I was having, So before the clean install, I had both patches in used.

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom