[TV] North American Closed Captions (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Subtitles worked for me, but my "Info" remote control button stopped working within playback mode. Reversed back - problem gone.

by the way, what are the .pdb files in your zip? Do we need them? I didn't have them before, but I just copied them to the appropriate folders.

Can you supply log ? and a screenshot when Info button works ? (just to see if i am on the right display).
    Because it's working here :) i'm using MCE Remote.
    Thanks,
    Seb.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried your V47 and I don't see any problems. Everything looks stable to me and the Info button works fine. So I am keeping it. Thank you!!

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I installed MP v. 1.2.2, registered cccp.ax, selected it in TV Postprocessing. Closed captions do display but only for the channel that MP happens to be set to when TV turns on. If I change channels, captions stop. They will restart if I turn TV off and back on.
    So, to display captions, turn TV on, select channel, turn TV off, turn TV on. (Windows 7 X64.)

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

I downloaded and installed version 2011-12-05 and retested. The situation is more complex than I first reported.
    Some TV channels in my area (Los Angeles) broadcast the main program stream in 1080i and some broadcast in 720p. If MP is displaying captions and I change to a channel with the same format captions stay on. However, if I change from a 1080i channel to a 720p channel or from a 720p channel to a 1080i channel captions stop and I must turn TV off and back on to get captions to start again.

Oops. It was the 2011-12-30 version, not the 2011-12-05 that I tested.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you get a sample of that ?
    I think for it you have to copy the timeshift file and upload it on our FTP :)
    So start TV on 1080i channel switch to 720p channel and copy the timeshift file :) maybe you have set an higher value for the timeshift file in setuptv under timeshift section :p
    Like this i can try to reproduce that :)

fir3ma5t3r

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

I have sucessfully to get closed caption to work with H.264 HD video using .ts format with ccExtractor as it shows CC through EIA-708. We need someone to build a EIA-708 directshow filter to work with line 21.

CoreCCParser filter only support EIA-608 which is for analog only :(

Hope we can get a solution here soon

Cheers,

FiR3Ma5t3r

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Seb:

Is there a way to make the content menu point to the actual current CC settings? It always points to "1 Subtitles off" even if subtitles were turned ON previously.

Attachments

• context menu.jpg
      context menu.jpg
      82.3 KB

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As far as I know, CoreCC Parser supports EIA-708 and does not support EIA-608. Otherwise we would not need this thread at all. Who is your service provider?

Seb: any plans to support CC enabled files in My Movies? It would be easier to exchange the files and troubleshoot the issues like this.;)

Hi,

I have sucessfully to get closed caption to work with H.264 HD video using .ts format with ccExtractor as it shows CC through EIA-708. We need someone to build a EIA-708 directshow filter to work with line 21.

CoreCCParser filter only support EIA-608 which is for analog only :(

Hope we can get a solution here soon

Cheers,

FiR3Ma5t3r

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom