[TV] North American Closed Captions (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Seb:

Is there a way to make the content menu point to the actual current CC settings? It always points to "1 Subtitles off" even if subtitles were turned ON previously.

Hi,
    Sure, i will look into it :)
    What version did you use ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    As far as I know, CoreCC Parser supports EIA-708 and does not support EIA-608. Otherwise we would not need this thread at all. Who is your service provider?

Seb: any plans to support CC enabled files in My Movies? It would be easier to exchange the files and troubleshoot the issues like this.;)

Hi,

I have sucessfully to get closed caption to work with H.264 HD video using .ts format with ccExtractor as it shows CC through EIA-708. We need someone to build a EIA-708 directshow filter to work with line 21.

CoreCCParser filter only support EIA-608 which is for analog only :(

Hope we can get a solution here soon

Cheers,

FiR3Ma5t3r

Greybox :) i already add CC in MyVideo here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/821540-post1.html
    Could you test ? in the above thread, there are bin and also full installer based on 1.2.2.
    About CoreCCParser if it handle correctly EIA-708, maybe we have to only accept connection on h264 (but i think it was not enough lol)
    Can someone upload a sample on FTP ? (TS Dumps - MediaPortal Wiki)
    Thanks.

fir3ma5t3r

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is not true unless you meant it works with mepg 2 hd atsc I have tested the mepg 4 h264 video which has cc in it and CCExtractor version from jan 24 2012 was able to extract eia 708 closed caption. I can send you the mepg 4 h264 video in .ts format to see if you r able to get cc to work with your corecc parser. FYI I have no problem to get cc with MPEG 2 HD This is old news unless you have gotten cc to work with mepg 4 h264 then I'm surprised. Please confirm cause its something I have been waiting for a long time.

As far as I know, CoreCC Parser supports EIA-708 and does not support EIA-608. Otherwise we would not need this thread at all. Who is your service provider?

Seb: any plans to support CC enabled files in My Movies? It would be easier to exchange the files and troubleshoot the issues like this.;)

Hi,

I have sucessfully to get closed caption to work with H.264 HD video using .ts format with ccExtractor as it shows CC through EIA-708. We need someone to build a EIA-708 directshow filter to work with line 21.

CoreCCParser filter only support EIA-608 which is for analog only :(

Hope we can get a solution here soon

Cheers,

FiR3Ma5t3r

fir3ma5t3r

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    CEA-708 (also known as DTV or HD closed captions)
    Note: Files encoded with CEA-708 must also include CEA-608 for backwards compatibility.
    CEA-608 (also known as standard definition or VBI "line 21" closed captions)
    SCTE-20 (required for SD video on some cable networks)
    MacCaption can simultaneously encode any combination of these caption types, which can be selected in the Caption > Encode Preferences menu, and then exported via the File > Export > ATSC DTV 608/708 closed captions menu.

I have to say CoreCC Parser also support 608 as I was able to get CC on SD channels and (HD) only IN MPEG 2 .ts format. I think there is a lot of confusion between MPEG 2 HD and MPEG 4 HD. I hope to get CC to work with MPEG 4 which is known as H264

Greybox (check your PM)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My EIA-708 source is FTA ATSC.
    My EIA-608 source is Canadian analog cable.
    You may present your graphs to find out what is going on with your source. Can you upload a sample? (I can't doanload from MP FTP server).

Last edited:

fir3ma5t3r

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    megafileupload.com/en/file/340268/manual---9487-DISC---2012-02-04-ts.html

This is a MPEG4 H.264 HD video in .ts format with PIDs that shows CC. Please try this with CCExtractor first so you see how it is done.

Then try with graphedit and see if you r able to get CC which I was not able to.

Thanks,

FiR3Ma5t3r

nlitend1

September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    just a little tip with HD's mpeg 2 with CC parser... for me it stutters like crazy with Nvidia drivers newer than 186.18 and yes some codec will not display CC.

:D for your interest

I new to mediaportal, but absolutely need to get subtitles working. I have a perfectly smooth video stream when subtitles are not enabled (installed latest version of cc parser from the mediaportal threads) but it gets very choppy as soon as i enable subtitles. I am using the HDHomerun prime cable card tuner in the USA. I have tried cyberlink, microsoft, LAV, ffdshow, and all 3 MPC ones that were listed and non of them resolve the issue. I DO have a NVIDIA video card and my drivers are the latest available as of 9/22/13. I have not been able to locate drivers older than 186.18.

I am at a loss and don't really want to return to the dying WMC, but stuttering/choppy video is unacceptable. I like all the options in MP, and am hoping someone has a solution for me.

Thanks,

nlitend1

nlitend1

September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello and welcome nlitend1 :)

Please could you post log files so that we can see what happens when you enable the subtitles.
    Instructions for grabbing log files are here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Should only take a minute. Just ask if you get stuck. :)
    mm

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the logs. I started with the subtitles on, then turned them off and then turned them back on again.

nlitend1

P.S. I am using windows 7 x64. I have tried with both AERO enabled and disabled with no change in the issue. AERO was disabled during this debug/log.

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here is what works for me:

1. I disabled aero interface (contrary to official recommendations)
    2. I use ffdshow. This works the best for both - EIA-608 and EIA-708.
    3. I use ASUS Nvidia GeForce GT 430 DirectCU Silent Fanless video card. I had stuttering problems using a similar but different video card.

You may have a different issue, so your logs will help the Team to narrow down the problem.

Please let us know what works for you. Somebody else might have a similar problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom