[TV] North American Closed Captions (1 Viewer)

nlitend1

September 23, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here is what works for me:

1. I disabled aero interface (contrary to official recommendations)
2. I use ffdshow. This works the best for both - EIA-608 and EIA-708.
3. I use ASUS Nvidia GeForce GT 430 DirectCU Silent Fanless video card. I had stuttering problems using a similar but different video card.

You may have a different issue, so your logs will help the Team to narrow down the problem.

Please let us know what works for you. Somebody else might have a similar problem.

ffdshow subtitle filter instead of cc parser? or just ffsshow MPEG-2 Video Decoder?

I have an ASUS NVIDIA GT 240 so ours may be similar.

Thanks for the reply.

nlitend1

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    1. Here we go! I had stuttering exactly with ASUS NVIDIA GT 240 (silent version)! Despite this card is slightly faster than GT 430!

2. ffdshow (enable subtitles/closed captions) AND cc parser (install it and add/activate in TV post processing).

Last edited:

nlitend1

September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    1. Here we go! I had stuttering exactly with ASUS NVIDIA GT 240 (silent version)! Despite this card is slightly faster than GT 430!

2. ffdshow (enable subtitles/closed captions) AND cc parser (install it and add/activate in TV post processing).

Please post the logs anyways!

enabled ffdshow Video decoder in codecs. enabled closed captions. installed CC parser and added/activated it in TV post processing....and.... I still have stuttering only when subtitles are enabled. Was the only fix to get a new video card? (I sure hope not...:() what version of nvidia drivers are you running?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My driver is 9.18.13.1106. I tried different things and my problem has eventually gone only after I replaced the video card.

odysseus

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2006
    Newtonville,Massachusetts
    Home Country
    Hello all, I just got an InfiniTV 6 PCI and I just wanted to check in and see if anyone had got it to successfully display CC in North America using Verizon Fios. I've tried the CoreCC parser with LAV, PowerDVD 13 and the Microsoft decoders but no luck yet. I'd be happy to post some logs if anyone thinks they might be able to figure something out, but in the meantime I just want to know if I should even try. The only thing on my MP wishlist is CC for TV. Thanks so much in advance for any feedback.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You can always post logs for sure :)
    CC Parser will work only for some CC not the digital or something or maybe related to the stream itself, yeah mpeg2 works but not h264 stream if i'm not wrong.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    Looks like I'd be contacting them soon :)
    I have downloaded and tested with no luck getting cc with mpeg4 and flakey with mpeg2.

What seem is that how the TS was recorded which is different that a set top box pvr is recorded. I was able
    To view cc from a pvr mpeg2 but flashes of cc from a recorded from media portal mpeg2. I still have to test a few more things tho

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom